Search results

1. T

Supermicro 826TQ-R800UB PDB Compatibility

Thanks, I've read that the 920P is quite a bit quieter than the 800W power supplies I have now, but not as quiet as the SQ. I've already replaced the case fans with Noctua fans, so I'm just dealing with the PSU now. I did find a reference build on the Supermicro site that shows the PDB I have...
  2. T

Supermicro 826TQ-R800UB PDB Compatibility

I'm looking to purchase a quieter PSU for my SuperMicro 826TQ-R800UB chassis. I've narrowed it to down to the PWS-920P-1R. I'm aware that the PDB units in these cases uses different pin layouts on some chassis. My question is, has anyone used a "PDB-PT825-8824" with a PWS-920P-1R PSU without...
  3. T

Super Micro 826 Inner Rails

Yeah, I can't find this particular kit anywhere. Ebay has the following which state they are compatible with the 826 chassis, but I can't be sure it will fit mine.. Supermicro Server Rails MCP-290-00053-0N Chassis SC213/216/826/836/936+ Others! | eBay
  4. T

Super Micro 826 Inner Rails

I have a old super micro 826 server that i'm trying to mount. I appear to be missing the right side inner rail in the kit that I have. The rail kit I have looks like this -- Does anyone by chance have a inner rail piece that I can purchase? Further, does anyone know if this kit will be...
  5. T

NorcoRPC-2008 and RL-20 Rail Fit

What kind of cases do you run now?
  6. T

Thanks for the advice on the washers -- I'll try that tomorrow. Does the rest of my orientation and screw placement look correct? I wasn't sure about which way the outer rails should sit in the the rack (Back vs Front).
  7. T

I'm having trouble mounting my Norco RPC-2008 and Norco RL-20 rail kit in a Startech 4POST25U rack. After mounting the inner rails on the server, and outer rails on the rack, it appears the server / rail combination is not wide enough for my rack. It just barley doesn't have enough width to stay...
  8. T

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

I've got some questions about modifying the SDR files on the Intel 2600CP board that is popular in this thread, if anyone wants to discuss i've started a side discussion over here. Please take a look if you would like to discuss custom fan profiles for this board.
  9. T

Intel 2600CP SDR File Hacking

I'd like to centralize the discussion going on over at the "Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal Thread" surrounding the Intel 2600CP Motherboard, and the .SDR file that controls the various PWM Fan headers on the board in relation to temperature senors and the chassis that the motherboard is housed in...
  10. T

I have read the thread, and am fully aware of the thermal management profiles for the fans. I understand the target temperatures are high, but under any kind of load I'm seeing thermal throttling (P1 Therm Ctrl %) kick in, and the fans are already running at full speed, since they are not even...
  11. T

After receiving the Natex S2600CP combo, and mounting it in a Norco RPC-2008 2U Chassis, I'm unfortunately faced with the fact that the 4x 80mm case fans are unable to push the required CFM over the passive heatsinks that are currently mounted on my CPU's. I'm seeing very high (80C+)...