Search results

1. G

[FS][US-CA] Clearing out new & used Supermicro 1U systems, ships worldwide

Purchased (4) 32GB modules and (2) 963 drives from @zac1. Excellent communication, provided SMART data quickly, and speedy shipping. Purchased on Friday, received on Tuesday; only delayed 1 day because of the New Year's holiday. Best transaction ever. Thank you!
  2. G

Building an ESXi server (1.5/2 k budget)

Just put something similar together last week. Same Supermicro was recommended to me. Had it running v5.5 for about 2 days before I upgraded the lab to v6.0 Everything worked without any issues, so happy with it's performance so far. I bought the RAM from an Amazon vendor, which was slightly...
  3. G

2-node vSphere Refresh Recommendations

Fantastic idea. Guess I got overzealous (shiny object syndrome) with the idea of replacing an almost 5 year old lab that I didn't see there's still life in my existing setup. Thanks for your wisdom. No, 4 NICs is not a requirement. If needed, I have a few PRO/1000 PT lying around. You're...
  4. G

2-node vSphere Refresh Recommendations

Hey folks! Long time lurker, first time poster here. Looking to replace my 2 node vSphere homelab. Currently consists of 2 - Shuttle SH67H 32GB RAM i7-2600 I350-T4 some dinky SD card for ESXi Shared storage is off a Synology 1812+ serving roughly 12-15 non-CPU intensive VMs. Both nodes...