Search results

1. J

best disk migrate approach

I'm running a All in one server with spindles only. config is pretty much as in geas instructions: 1 x USB for booting vmware 2 x HDD for omnios vmware where rpool is mirrored with two vmdk's 3 x HDD for vmware images as zpool mirror on omnios with napp-it other zpool mirror spindles for data...
  2. J

rpool is getting full - why?

Hello, i have a all-in-one installation with OmniOS. Today I had a look at the otherwise great running system and saw, that on pool, which is 20Gb big, only 1,6Gb are free. Anyone can tell me what is filling pool? How do I free space on that? Thanks!
  3. J

LAN behind WAN with pfsense

I have a pfsense with one WAN and one LAN interface. On the WAN side is my providers dsl modem/switch on on the LAN side my network. Now, in between my WAN Port and the providers switch is a wireless bridge with a different IP address. (192.168.x.x) My question is now, how do I configure...
  4. J

ubuntu server + owncloud + napp-it

for the love of god I cant get this to work Here is what I want to do: I have a all-in-one setup pretty much per instrucions on napp-it website with OmniOS. On that All-in-One now runs a ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS for the sole purpose of serving owncloud. As long as I leave the owncloud data...
  5. J

"Username too long"

Please help, I have a freshly installed Napp-it on OMNIOS. I have imported all the pools from my old system and almost everything works perfect. But when I try to add a user longer the 8char, I receive an error message. I'm positive that that worked on my insall before. Any ideas? I als...
  6. J

disk problem crashed system

My configuration: Server: Supermicro X9SCL+-F, E31240V2, 16GB RAM USB stick: ESXi 2 x 160GB 2,5" disks: 20GB VM datastore on each, OMNIOS installed in one and then mirrored 2 x 320GB 2,5" disks: on separate disk controller mounted in OMNIOS as ZFS mirror, one file system, stores all the...
  7. J

WD Green Head Load - problem?

is there a problem with head load with the WD green disks? I read something about it on german amazon site under reviews. The issue seems, that the WD greens idle after ten seconds and that therefore the head cycles of 100.000 are reached pretty fast. can anyone confirm that or is this a...
  8. J

AiO Drive recommendation

Could I have please some advice for storage devices. - ESXi boot: single USB Stick: good? change that?? - OmniOS VM storage: planned: Mirror SSD (which model/type????) - other VM storage (pfsense, web server, streaming servers): ZFS 2way (or 3way?) Mirror: which disks?? SSD...
  9. J

Pool advice

Now that my ESXi server is completed (X9SCL+-F, E3-1240v2, 16GB ECC RAM) I'm planning to build my SAN on the same platform with a smaller processor, the E3-1220Lv2 with OI and napp-it What I'm still confused with is the pools I'll need so I'm asking for some advice by describing the type of...
  10. J

Disk Spindown / Solaris Replication

Hello, after reading for months I'm getting close to build a diskless ESXi5 server and a ZFS SAN/NAS Storage Server Combination. Connection between the two should be Infiniband. Two quick questions concerning the storage server: - If I use 32GB DDR RAM for L1ARC and e.g. 320GB of L2ARC...