Search results

1. J

best disk migrate approach

I'm running a All in one server with spindles only. config is pretty much as in geas instructions: 1 x USB for booting vmware 2 x HDD for omnios vmware where rpool is mirrored with two vmdk's 3 x HDD for vmware images as zpool mirror on omnios with napp-it other zpool mirror spindles for data...
  2. J

rpool is getting full - why?

thanks gea! deleting boot env. snaps freed up some all the other things look like there is nothing to do...
  3. J

rpool is getting full - why?

Hello, i have a all-in-one installation with OmniOS. Today I had a look at the otherwise great running system and saw, that on pool, which is 20Gb big, only 1,6Gb are free. Anyone can tell me what is filling pool? How do I free space on that? Thanks!
  4. J

LAN behind WAN with pfsense

Internet Provider static IP: 1.2.3.4/30 pfsense on vmware: WAN connected via transparent WLAN bridge to internet provider pfsense on vmware: second (LAN) port connected to internal SWITCH for local network ISP Switch (1.2.3.3/30) - Bridge(192.168.2.1) ~ Bridge(192.168.2.2) - WAN Port pfsense...
  5. J

For the adsdresses: LAN: 192.168.1.0/24 WAN: 1.2.3.4/30 bridge connected in WAN: 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.2.2 I can not change addresses on WAN (internet provider)
  6. J

ok, confused now. my wireless bridge is a transparent link and essentially a cable replacement. It is the "cable" from my WAN Port to my DSL Modem. But I want to monitor the wireless bridge from inside (LAN) with nagios but can't reach it's IP over pfsense. So, I can't put the bridge inside my...
  7. J

I have a pfsense with one WAN and one LAN interface. On the WAN side is my providers dsl modem/switch on on the LAN side my network. Now, in between my WAN Port and the providers switch is a wireless bridge with a different IP address. (192.168.x.x) My question is now, how do I configure...
  8. J

ubuntu server + owncloud + napp-it

ok on my ubuntu the user www-data has the uid and gid 33: $ id www-data uid=33(www-data) gid=33(www-data) groups=33(www-data) napp-it doesn't let me add an id smaller than 100...
  9. J

ubuntu server + owncloud + napp-it

for the love of god I cant get this to work Here is what I want to do: I have a all-in-one setup pretty much per instrucions on napp-it website with OmniOS. On that All-in-One now runs a ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS for the sole purpose of serving owncloud. As long as I leave the owncloud data...
  10. J

"Username too long"

correct, but smbadm creates an smb user working from the command line but not out of napp-it with smbadm addmember -m usernamelong group I was able to add it - and it now shows also in napp-it
  11. J

"Username too long"

ok, asked at #omnios if I do this on omnios cmd: useradd -g staff -c '' -s /bin/false 'longusername' the user is added to the system BUT doesnot show up in user mgmt in napp-it (The too long message is a warning) the command: useradd -g staff -c '' -s /bin/false 'short' gets executed AND added...
  12. J

"Username too long"

Please help, I have a freshly installed Napp-it on OMNIOS. I have imported all the pools from my old system and almost everything works perfect. But when I try to add a user longer the 8char, I receive an error message. I'm positive that that worked on my insall before. Any ideas? I als...
  13. J

disk problem crashed system

I have absolutely no problem with a faulty disk, on the contrary, I expect them. Thats why I'm setting up a system like that. What I don't expect is, that the system stops working after the alleged corruption of one disk in a mirror. What I would like to find out is, why all my vm machines...
  14. J

this is what the log says: Jul 23 00:11:20 storage scsi_vhci: [ID 734749 kern.warning] WARNING: vhci_scsi_reset 0x1 Jul 23 00:11:24 storage scsi: [ID 107833 kern.warning] WARNING: /pci@0,0/pci15ad,7a0@15/pci1000,3040@0 (mpt_sas0): Jul 23 00:11:24 storage mptsas_check_task_mgt: Task 0x3 failed...
  15. J

My configuration: Server: Supermicro X9SCL+-F, E31240V2, 16GB RAM USB stick: ESXi 2 x 160GB 2,5" disks: 20GB VM datastore on each, OMNIOS installed in one and then mirrored 2 x 320GB 2,5" disks: on separate disk controller mounted in OMNIOS as ZFS mirror, one file system, stores all the...
  16. J

Setting up AFP share in Napp-it

ok gea, i'm currently changing all machines to smb or cifs access (mac:smb, linux:cifs) another, prob. trivial question: I have connected a smb share to ubuntu via cifs. Now all files and directories on that share are root:root with permission -rwxr-xr-x I'm logged in as a user (no guest...
  17. J

gea, please help I have the following problem. If I add a folder or file from user "A" connected via AFP from a mac, the folder/file doesn't get the full/modify rights but instead those weird one. I've attached a screen shot (ok, cannot add file, see below) I want files created on that...
  18. J

thanks for your reply gea, I did all that but only after executing the two zfs cmds from the prev. post made it work i just tried it again
  19. J

ok, having the same issue... could someone please enlighten me on howto share a filesystem via afp? I also can login but as soon as i want to create a folder it says no permission how do i add a user to afp sharing? edit: after doing the same as Derf it no works here too...... # zfs set...
  20. J

WD Green Head Load - problem?

is there a problem with head load with the WD green disks? I read something about it on german amazon site under reviews. The issue seems, that the WD greens idle after ten seconds and that therefore the head cycles of 100.000 are reached pretty fast. can anyone confirm that or is this a...