Search results

1. hlidskialf

WTB: ~6TB worth of Sata Enterprise SSD

Greetings! I'm setting up an all SSD UnRaid box and currently am looking for about 6TB worth of SSDs to fill it. (With one parity, that should give me 4TB or so of usable storage.) I've been combing eBay and the HomelabSales but haven't seen anything that makes me want to part with my...
  2. hlidskialf

Canada [WTB] 32GB or 64GB Unbuffered ECC UDIMM DDR4-2133MHz or 2400MHz

Greetings all. I'm looking for some ram compatible with a Supermicro X11SSM-F board I just picked up. Preferably 16GB sticks, although I'd be content to fill the 4 slots with 8GB sticks if the price was fair enough. Would prefer to use Paypal. Cheers.
  3. hlidskialf

Only getting 1G speed on 10G fiber on Aruba S2500P.

Greetings. I have an annoying problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have 3 systems connected by fiber to my Aruba S2500P switch. One is an unraid server, the other two are proxmox servers. I'm connected via Mellanox 2 and 3 cards. I used to get 450MiB/s transfer speeds (Less than ideal...
  4. hlidskialf

Upgrade advice on old dual 2670v1 S2600CP2J board system.

Greetings. I currently run one of my Proxmox servers on one of the old Facebook salvage systems from 2015ish. https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/intel-xeon-e5-2670-deal-and-price-tracking.7133/Dual 2670v1 on a very tempermental S2600CP2J system with 128 gb of ram. I don't...
  5. hlidskialf

Ruckus R600 Wireless ZoneFlex Access Points - $69 each volume available.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ruckus-R600-Wireless-ZoneFlex-Access-Points-VOLUME-AVAILABLE/264796087449?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 Popped up on my search. I've had my eyes on upgrading the home but I can't justify the cost right now. Since it's the cheapest I've seen...
  6. hlidskialf

Upgrade itch from E5-2670 v1

Greetings all. So, I had planned on adding another small system to my rack that would be a Nextcloud/Emby server and a cluster backup for Proxmox which I use on my primary system. However, my current system is one of the dual E5-2670v1 SRoK on an Intel S2600CP2 that was so popular a few years...
  7. hlidskialf

WTB Rails for SM 836

Is it just me or are rails just crazy expensive? Granted I'm in Canada and we tend to pay twice as much for everything but I haven't been able to find even aftermarket rails that would work with my new SM836 chassis (thanks manxam!) for less than $60! Does anyone have something taking up space...
  8. hlidskialf

Advice on new NAS rackmount chassis

Greetings, all. I'm at something of a loss for what to look for here and am soliciting some modern advice. (I keep finding threads about this that are 8+ years old.) After 3 days of googling and 30+ pages on this forum alone, I am asking for some knowledgeable help. I am currently running an...