1. hlidskialf

WTB: ~6TB worth of Sata Enterprise SSD

@Hazily2019 - You also have PM. ;)
  2. hlidskialf

@ zachj - You have PM.
  3. hlidskialf

Sorry about that. 2.5" would be best. Say $300-400 Canadian, as a target budget. But a good deal is a good deal so specs/budget are not in stone.
  4. hlidskialf

Greetings! I'm setting up an all SSD UnRaid box and currently am looking for about 6TB worth of SSDs to fill it. (With one parity, that should give me 4TB or so of usable storage.) I've been combing eBay and the HomelabSales but haven't seen anything that makes me want to part with my...
  5. hlidskialf

Rackmount UPS

I'm running a Eaton 5px 1500, and it's only loud when booting up (about 2 min total fans at 100%) otherwise it's basically silent. Quite content with it actually. Edit: Total load of my rack on it is about 33%. At that load it's silent.
  6. hlidskialf

Building myself a ML Server

Sounds like fun! Enjoy the setup.
  7. hlidskialf

Canada [WTB] 32GB or 64GB Unbuffered ECC UDIMM DDR4-2133MHz or 2400MHz

Greetings all. I'm looking for some ram compatible with a Supermicro X11SSM-F board I just picked up. Preferably 16GB sticks, although I'd be content to fill the 4 slots with 8GB sticks if the price was fair enough. Would prefer to use Paypal. Cheers.
  8. hlidskialf

AMD EPYC 7302p+ Supermicro H11SSL-i version 2

Your journey was an interesting read and I'm glad it turned out for you. Enjoy the playtime with it over the holidays!
  9. hlidskialf

[US] [WTB] Intel S2600CP2J

I've never had any problems with it running. However rebooting sometime seemed to hang for several minutes. I'm actually not sure if it was totally the board or my initial Proxmox install. (It was the very first hypervisor I ever used/learned/tinkered on.) It never failed to reboot, just seemed...
  10. hlidskialf

[US] [WTB] Intel S2600CP2J

I have one I was trying to sell on HomeLabSales a while back that I just forgot to follow up with. Board with the 2760v1 and 128GB Hynix ram. Motherboard was working before I decommissoned it, however it's still a tempermental beast. Ports and BMC were working and it boots up, just sometimes it...
  11. hlidskialf

Arctic P8 or other consumer fan for 2U Supermicro chassis?

Wow, really? I should read the latest release notes. (Been rocking Unraid since 2011.) I could have used that knowledge for some of those cheap SAS drives that come up in the Deals forum. :oops:
  12. hlidskialf

I may be mistaken, but I believe UnRaid will do the same with SAS. It's only restriction is you can't mix SATA and SAS drives in the same array. You can set the drives to spin down after a set amount of time, and stagger spinup so you don't pull too much wattage at initial boot.
  13. hlidskialf

Yes, mine has 80mm fans in the midplane. The only 120mm one I have is the one I added to the CPU heatsink.
  14. hlidskialf

I'm not sure it'd be helpful in your use-case, but I used these exact fans in my SM 836 to quieten it up. However, I also put a new heatsink with an active cooler fan in place of the shroud. Temps are great, noise is less. However, I found that switching to an SQ power supply made the real...
  15. hlidskialf

$13/TB Sata Recertified Drives

Thanks. Shame the shipping is so costly to canada. ($48!) Hope someone else can enjoy it, though.
  16. hlidskialf

Upgrade advice on old dual 2670v1 S2600CP2J board system.

Thanks for the reply. I'm still thinking about the upgrade. (Been updating everything else I can without a serious expense.) The info you mentioned sounds interesting, but you forgot the link. As for other replies, none yet. I've been filtering what I can through r/Homelab, but nothing has...
  17. hlidskialf

Only getting 1G speed on 10G fiber on Aruba S2500P.

Good idea, thank you.
  18. hlidskialf

Yeah, sorry. It was pointed out to me by someone else that I was misreading by a factor of 10. I still have the issue of slow data transfer speeds, but that is likely hardware or protocol now as the switch looks to be performing well. Thanks for the reply.
  19. hlidskialf

Greetings. I have an annoying problem I'm hoping someone can help me with. I have 3 systems connected by fiber to my Aruba S2500P switch. One is an unraid server, the other two are proxmox servers. I'm connected via Mellanox 2 and 3 cards. I used to get 450MiB/s transfer speeds (Less than ideal...