Search results

1. P

upgrade from a E3-1241 v3

Maybe... I didnt htink I could add a GPU to a server like this but I guess why not. I could add a small GT1050 or something that would have h.265 decoding capability... Intel quicksync is only for 264 from my understanding.
  2. P

upgrade from a E3-1241 v3

So my monster build from 2016 has served me well but I think it's getting time to upgrade?!? My 3u server is running an E3-1241 V3 on a X10SL7-F motherboard. It's got 32gb of RAM and about 100TB of storage. Running ESXi PfSense app server emby/plex storage NAS Not a bunch of things but I've...
  3. P

Network related for an ambulance but don't know where else to ask

We are using a sonicwall vpn appliance at this time. I'm not against using something else as long as it doesnt break the bank. So far it seems that junos makes the best solution but thats a pretty penny.
  4. P

that seems to have it working. Now the only question is how to get the VPN to be seamless. I do appreciate the help so far! This is working out well
  5. P

So Im connected to wifi and I reordered my hotspot to be the highest priority on the list and checked the thing that said connect to a more preferred network when available on the building wifi... I turn on the hotspot and I see that the compute rsees it but it does not automatically switch...
  6. P

It is Windows... I was just reading that. Does that actually work? If I set network priority and the laptop is connected to the vehicle Hotspot and it backs into the building and sees the higher priority WiFi network it will disconnect and switch to the higher one?? If so then that may be a very...
  7. P

@maze unfortunately while we could definietly install a router in the vehicle and make that on the VPN the issue still is that when the vehicle gets into the building the hotspot/router loses cellular connection. @Tom You are correct that the laptop does not realize that the wifi hotspot in the...
  8. P

Hi all, maybe one of you can point me in the right direction... I have a laptop that needs to connect securely to a server in the headquarters of a fire department... When the laptop is in the building I can juts connect to a secure wifi that is on the same network as the server... As soon as...
  9. P

x10sl7f nmi missing

but how is it missing from the board? It's in the manual.
  10. P

x10sl7f nmi missing

I'm trying to create an nmi and I just noticed the pins are missing. The issue I'm having is that I'm running an Esxi 6 box and about 2 months ago the entire host will hang and I cannot access vcenter and the keyboard is unresponsive at the machine itself. The only way to fix this is to reset...
  11. P

Splash page for all servers?

Thanks for the answers so far. I am using PFSense and have static DHCP mappings for a lot of the devices. I was hoping there was a more graceful approach haha
  12. P

Splash page for all servers?

Hi all, So I'm almost done with my entire home setup. It's taken a few months but I almost have it exactly where I want it. However! I have so many different servers/ devices I need to connect to that need managing every once and awhile and I was hoping to make like a splash page/ home page...
  13. P

Disks no longer available Napp-it

So I upgraded the MB bios, the controller firmware and now this is where im at.... It now says LSI2308_1 instead of _2 but I have a different issue now... Esxi hangs when I plug in one of my hardrives to the bay it shows "loading module mpt2sas" as soon as I take it out it loads up...
  14. P

No icy dock here. The vm doesn't even see the controller. It's weird.
  15. P

just updated the bios of the board to 3.0a and i'm using 2016-03-15 | 6.0U2 | 357.95 MB | iso for Esxi.. The weird thing is that initially it was seen when I did create pool but it said it failed to create the pool and to try and restart.... so I tried a restart in the morning and thats when...
  16. P

It works on Baremetal... Is something wrong with my PCI passthrough options? I'm using an X10SL7-F. As you all probably know it has an onboard LSI2308 what I find weird is that it says LSI2308_2 Shouldnt it just say LSI2308? Without the _2?
  17. P

I'll do that later today. Also thx I'll look into doing that haha. I literally was just following the nappit all in one guide so never got that far.
  18. P

Format doesn't show the disks and when I turn the computer on it loads the hba before post and it shows all the disks attached.
  19. P

Hi all, I have an LSI 2308 in IT mode and last night when I installed the Nappit-all-in-one and tried to create a pool it threw an error and I decided to go to sleep before figuring out the issue... Fast forward to today and napp-it no longer sees the disks on that controller. It is in...
  20. P

Awkward Question but... How do I install SSD?

Thanks all. I don't know why I didnt think of that. This whole server life thing has me thinking there is an official way to do everything with this stuff. I'm using the interal USB3.0 slot for a sandisk fit that will run ESXI and then the 2, 250gb SSD's that I want to install will be raid...