Search results

1. S

[Solved] Unusually low RAID 10 throughput, any ideas?

Hi all, I have a home-built storage server running 12 HGST and Toshiba drives in RAID 10. The raid controller is an Intel RS3DC080 connected directly to four of the drives. The remaining eight are connected via a RES2SV240 expander card and a single cable back to the RS3DC080. I have the array...
  2. S

WTB Intel res2sv240

As the title says. I'd like to expand my raid 10 array up to 12 disks. Anyone have one and willing to part with it? I'd rather support this community than Amazon or eBay.
  3. S

What's the deal w/HGST 5TB HD availability?

Hi all, I'm just curious if any of you have insight into why it's so rare to see the HGST 5TB (SATA, 3.5", 7200 RPM) drives on the used market. I can't even find new ones anymore for a reasonable price. I'd like to build out the remainder of my storage server and I'm willing to wait but it's...
  4. S

SAS expander and RAID 10 throughput confusion

Hi all, I'm hoping you can help me understand the throughput of my intended storage build. I'd like to get 12 SATA HDDs in a RAID 10 configuration to get closer to 10gb write. This will be on a consumer motherboard but with an Intel SAS 3 controller (Intel® RAID Controller RS3DC080 77346). One...
  5. S

FS: Ubiquiti SHD (beta) [Sold]

I picked up a beta SHD and, after thinking it over, just don't need it. I haven't even opened the UPS box it came in and am happy to ship it to someone who will use it. I'd like to get my money back so I'm asking the same price as the beta store: $349. I'll cover shipping in CONUS. Here's the...
  6. S

Advice on controller for SSD cache + Raid 10 in Win10

I'm very new to this so I thought I'd ask the experts instead of throw money away. I'm currently using a Z68 motherboard running Windows 10 as a NAS. It also runs my security camera software. I've run Xpenology and FreeNAS. Both are fine but the security camera stuff isn't available and driver...
  7. S

WTB Intel X540/550 -T2 (Got mine, others available)

Would like to graduate to 10G for my NAS and need a copper 10G card with two ports. I've already been burned by one Chinese clone via Amazon but the two I acquired here (thanks miraculix) have been great. Hoping for one more out there for ~$160.
  8. S

WTB: Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO (or HD?)

Hi everyone. As the title says, I'd like to buy an Ubiquiti UAP-AC-PRO. I'd really prefer an HD but I doubt anyone who got one of those in beta is willing to sell it. But if you are, say so! (edit: not sure if this is against the beta agreement - don't get in trouble) The UAP-AC-PROs are $130...
  9. S

Intel X540-T2 Fake/Chinese/Counterfeit

I bought this X540-T2 from Amazon for $185: Amazon.com: Intel Ethernet Converged Network Adapter X540-T2 - Network Adapter - Pci Express 2.1 X8 Low Profile - 10Gb Ethernet X 2 "Product Type: Networking/Gigabit Ethernet": Computers & Accessories The card made it about 3 minutes in one of my PCs...
  10. S

Simple Topology Q for 2 PCs and 10GBase-T

Hi everyone, I'm just starting out on my 10G quest. I've picked up two Intel X540-T2s (one courtesy of Miraculix on this site, the other via Amazon and China so probably counterfeit) and I have a topology question. I'm going to put the two cards in two PCs which are currently connected via a...