Search results

1. S

[COMPLETE] 10TB Western Digital SATA Drives (Gold & White)

Darn, wasn't fast enough! I'm here if it falls through. Thanks for supporting STH!
  2. S

[COMPLETE] 10TB Western Digital SATA Drives (Gold & White)

I'm in for the remaining two golds. PM your info and I'll send you mine.
  3. S

[Solved] Unusually low RAID 10 throughput, any ideas?

Found the problem: Windows allocation was set at the default 4096 rather than 1MB, even though the RAID setup had it at 1 MB. I've formatted this thing 20 times but must've missed that last time. With it now set appropriately, I'm pulling just over or under 1 GBps sequential transfers again @ 4...
  4. S

You're right - I think the numbering was the slot, not the PCIe speed. I believe the top slot (3) was 16x, the ones after that 8x. The RS3DC080 is an 8x card anyway so going to the 16x slot wouldn't be of any help unless I had a lane restriction due to devices. With the 970 gone, that doesn't...
  5. S

Sustained as far as I can remember. I pulled the box out and the RAID card was indeed in a PCI 2x slot. Switched it over to the 3x that the 970 was in. Tested the SSDs and they came back over 1 GBps - and that's through the expander card. Success! Tested the spinners, 630 MBps. Worse than...
  6. S

Thank you for taking the time to look into this and respond. I've run it previously with the 970 out of it (relying solely on the onboard video) and I definitely hit those 1 GB/sec transfers. As I said before, I don't test it often enough to know for sure when it dropped, but I think there's...
  7. S

Hi all, I have a home-built storage server running 12 HGST and Toshiba drives in RAID 10. The raid controller is an Intel RS3DC080 connected directly to four of the drives. The remaining eight are connected via a RES2SV240 expander card and a single cable back to the RS3DC080. I have the array...
  8. S

Lenovo M90n - i5-8365u, 8GB, 512GB, Windows 10 Pro 64

Unfortunately it looks like these are gone. I PMd on 2/19 and never heard a word. It was a great deal, too - but I went to Ebay to fulfill what I needed.
  9. S

FS: 12TB HGST SATA (cold spare) + Bonus

If you have any 6TB SATAs coming up, I'm definitely interested.
  10. S

Decent deal on used 1500VA UPS [2nd Batch]

Yes, it has a Web UI and also a systray presence (on Windows). Note that it has SMTP email alerting capability but it cannot - as far as I can tell browsing forum posts from 7 years ago - use public SMTP servers. It's built to use an internal one. Perhaps that works for you. It didn't for me...
  11. S

I got mine yesterday. Fully charged but came with batteries unhooked in the front (as it's supposed to!). Plugged it in, fan sped up, got everything plugged into it (two headless PCs, a PoE switch and a Raspberry Pi totaling ~197w of consistent load), cut the power and it said 35 minutes of...
  12. S

I was looking for UPSs and this came along at the right time. Thank you!
  13. S

WTB Intel res2sv240

Bought this one and the IBM one. Hopefully one will work for my project. Thank you everyone!
  14. S

WTB Intel res2sv240

I'm in the same boat. I recall them going for $50-$100 before prices shot up to the $250+ area a year (or so) ago.
  15. S

WTB Intel res2sv240

Thank you for the tip and link!
  16. S

WTB Intel res2sv240

As the title says. I'd like to expand my raid 10 array up to 12 disks. Anyone have one and willing to part with it? I'd rather support this community than Amazon or eBay.
  17. S

FS - 4x 6TB HGST Ultrastar He8

I'm curious about SAS/SATA too but SMd anyway.
  18. S

FS: Enterprise HGST and Toshiba HDDs/SSDs

I check your site daily in the hopes you have more 6 TB HGSTs in stock. Hoping you get more soon. The higher capacities are out of my price range.
  19. S

WTB: 10tb or 8tb drives for a total of 250tb

I could be interested as well. Even down to 6 TB, 7200 RPM.