Search results

1. T

Cheapest GPU for DDA in Hyper-V

I'm trying to figure out what the best options are for Discrete Device Assignment (DDA) of GPUs in Hyper-V Server for light workloads. For virtualised office server workloads GPU acceleration is completely unnecessary, but for VDI more and more client computing applications expect a bare minimum...
  2. T

Consumer Radeon Cards with Windows Server No More?

3½ years ago I plugged a Radeon RX480 into a Hyper-V Server 2016 host, installed it using the standard driver package, and passed the card to a VM using DDA. It was all seamless and I could benchmark the card within the VM at pretty much baremetal performance - happy days. But that was just to...
  3. T

SR-IOV i350T4 on Hyper-V to pfSense/FreeBSD VM?

Yes, I know pfSense is meant to run fine on abstracted virtual switches. But I have hardware that will expose SR-IOV to the VM, so I'd prefer to use that, if at all possible. I can provide SR-IOV to a Windows VM fine and can even find details for setting it up for Linux, but am getting nowhere...
  4. T

Fujitsu i350T4 NIC Compatibility?

Hello, I have what seems like a fairly stupid question, even to me, but better to ask a stupid question than make a stupid mistake. I'm looking for an Intel i350T4 NIC for my Hyper-V server. A genuine Intel i350T4V2 is fairly stupid money (even wholesale) but OEM cards are significantly...