Search results

1. S

ES Xeon Discussion

I've made a point of going through "seller's feedback" on pages of the main guys who sell these high end ES chips and I haven't seen any bad reviews. So the chips are seem to be working well out of the box, if any problems do arise they'll happen further down the line. It also helps that most...
  2. S

MATX board for 2690 v4 - need recommendations

Any time frame for when it ships?
  3. S

can't find any info on when it's being released exactly though - any idea?
  4. S

cool. Anyone have anything negative to say about this board? Any reason I should not get it? ASRock EPC612D4U uATX Server Motherboard Socket LGA 2011 R3 Intel C612 - Newegg.com
  5. S

unfortunately it has to be mATX http://i.imgur.com/EK2s4ls.png - Except for the supermicro board's on this list, it says they all have max 64gb capacity, is this accurate? Can't I just put 4x32gb in the Asus X99-M WS for example? Also anyone know when the supermicro X10SRM's are coming out...
  6. S

Was planning on a dual 2690 v3 build but decided to simplify and go with a single 2690 v4 (ES). Most boards that support e5 v3 Xeon's also support v4's some just need a bios update. Haven't researched single socket motherboards at all. Would like the potential for 128gb of ram. mATX or...
  7. S

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks Patriot. Will take that into consideration. gridrunner have you got your 2690 up and running yet?
  8. S

Compact Dual E5 Xeon 2690 v3 Build

Thank you Mr. Submarine. Lots of useful tidbits in there that are sure to save me some trouble. Regarding the case: I am starting to agree with you and the others that are sure to think I'm crazy trying to fit a dual socket setup into micro ATX case equivalent. I'm pretty sure there is nothing...
  9. S

Very nice build guide and nice that he's using the board I want to as well. Guess taking the safe route on memory is the best, thanks for the advice.
  10. S

Seems to be a common point of contention in storage talk... any specific reason you don't like your 950?
  11. S

Thanks, I'll study this thread. That chassis is a monster compared to what I'm hoping to fit this build into... No dimension on the case should be more than 15" (the motherboard is 12x10). basically the case needs to be able to fit into your carry-on luggage on an airplane. I currently do this...
  12. S

Build’s Name: Compact Dual CPU Operating System/ Storage Platform: windows CPU: dual E5 Xeon 2690 v3 (ES Stepping 1, QEYJ) - ~420$ on ebay Motherboard: Leaning towards Supermicro MBD-X10DAL-I-O because it's the smallest dual socket board I can find (13"x10"). Any other options I'm...
  13. S

ES Xeon Discussion

Thanks for the reply Mr Patriot. Do you have any specific reason to believe this wont work 2690 v3 (12c) QEYJ? This is currently the most heavily sold stepping on ebay. I've read through the "buyers feedback" to see if anyone has had any problems and so far so good. I googled around a little...
  14. S

How much cooling do I need?

Planning my first dual cpu build with most likely e5 2690 v3 and a x10drd- motherboard ES cpus so no OC Will be running software similar to fritz on it for many hours a day (it will get a lot of breaks too though) What kind of cooling do I need? How hot can these run without serious risks...
  15. S

ES Xeon Discussion

I got in touch with the seller for more information: 2690 v3 QEYJ 2695 v3 EQY6
  16. S

ES Xeon Discussion

I'm considering buying a e5 Xeon 2690 v3 (or 2695) from the following listing: 2690: Intel Xeon E5-2690 v3 ES LGA2011-3 12C Compatible with X99 i7-5820K 5930K 5960X Stepping Info from page: S-spec numbers ES/QS processors Production processors Part number QFRX QGNY SR1XN...