Search results

1. D

RDMA(RoCE v2) with Nutanix 7-8 nodes Cluster

Apologies for digging up an old thread but curious to know if you got rmda working and if so, was it worth it?
  2. D

Network architecture (semi-noob) questions/advice, please?

I confess, I go pretty much with Earnie‘s first suggestion. Devices I don’t trust much go on their own vlan (even per vendor) and are L3 routed with acl’s. Stuff I really don’t trust at all go on their on vlans that are also firewalled with opnsense.
  3. D

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

Yep. I just searched again and found the posts. No idea what I was doing last week… I’ll try and return the mikrotik and give up unless I find a AQS-107-B0C2-CX SFP at a reasonable price. I have a intel 520 in the qnap and have been using that with a lag across 2 7250’s. About 2 weeks ago the...
  4. D

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

Bugger. Never saw that and I did search But obviously not well enough.
  5. D

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

Tried various cables all short, a foot or so. 6e and a couple of 5e’s. As far as I can see, there seems to be a link from the qnap to the module, but not from the module to the switch. I was wondering if there is some port setting that needs to be set…
  6. D

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

Thanks for the reply. Qnap is 10gb. The S+RJ10 is version 2.16, see above.
  7. D

Mikrotik S+rj10 issues

Reposting this outside of the massive brocade thread. Just plugged a Mikrotik S+RJ10 into one of my 7250's and it's not wanting to play. The 7250 is running 08.0.95. No lights on the sfp+ cage, no traffic. The other end (QNAP nas) does show a 10Gb link. SSH@core#show media ethe 2/2/5 Port...
  8. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Just plugged a Mikrotik S+RJ10 into one of my 7250's and it's not wanting to play. The 7250 is running 08.0.95. No lights on the sfp+ cage, no traffic. The other end (QNAP nas) does show a 10Gb link. SSH@core#show media ethe 2/2/5 Port 2/2/5: Type : 1GE M-SX(SFP) Vendor...
  9. D

Is any brave sole running the v9 firmware and making use of the api’s?
  10. D

ICX switch with jumbo frames - management port failure

Jumbo frames are the work of the devil.
  11. D

How do you avoid Lightning damage?

Many years ago I was working as an electrical contractor. I was called to a little old ladies house that had suffered a lightening strike. the lightening had hit a tv antenna on the roof. From there it traveled down the co-ax cable to her tv. It exited the tv on the power cable and hit the ring...
  12. D

Chip InfiniBand cables

Some effort = almost impossible at the moment. I was in the same position last week trying to get a icx 7250 out of Poland to the uk. Gave up on that
  13. D

Chip InfiniBand cables

@pld. Where about sin Europe ? I have a number of shortish qdr/40gb cables you can have if you want to pay postage. some are decent and some are cheap from china, which typically had a 50% failure rate. haven’t used them for years and most probably never will. Free to a good home. im in the uk...
  14. D

assign access-group to ve

My comment was more to do with the gui and I don’t use it for config but sometimes it’s quicker/easier to see something visually than using the cli. Particular when I’m sat on the sofa w8th an iPad. Obviously not such a great ideal if the gui tells lies.
  15. D

assign access-group to ve

Just noticed the same, post upgrading a stack to 8095. so I assigned to the vlans. Interestingly the acl’s do not show up in the web gui.
  16. D

Just update my small 2x 7250 stack to 8095. Upgrade went very smooth. I've noticed that although my pre-existing extended ACL config shows up via a show running etc. It doesn't show up in the web gui. Neither do they appear to be tagged to the ve's that they were. Trying to tag them to the...
  17. D

Supermicro boot hang after X520 card installed

I’ve seen it a few years ago. A different super micro board to yours. It’s solvable. I’d start by disabling the option rom.
  18. D

I’ve done this to my pair of 7250’s and while I think it makes (marginal) improvements in temps, it doesn’t (to my old ears) make much if any difference to the noise. To be honest I think it makes it worse obviously your mileage and ears will vary.
  19. D

i’d forget it and save being laughed at. If they don’t support their own transceivers they are not going to support someone else’s. They actually say in that post fibre or dacs.