Search results

1. C

Anyone Mining Burst?

I don't, but I can (I'm a Teamspeak scrub from the gaming days). Which specific discord are you referring to? Feel free to PM the link.
  2. C

Any other vendors of JBOD chassis like supermicro?

I know this reply is late to the party but you mentioned you already have Dell servers and you said you really just want a 2.5" JBOD. Why not look at the Powervault MD1220? It basically exactly what your looking for and honestly extremely low cost. I've picked up a couple on eBay for $200/EA...
  3. C

Anyone Mining Burst?

I've glanced at the CG 100-0 pool and was like holy hell. Haven't looked lately but I swear I saw one approaching 8PB. That is just insane. Assume your at the 1PB mark as well? If so we need to chat. I would love to see your setup. I'm still moving things around but I run all my disks in Dell...
  4. C

Anyone Mining Burst?

I'm still mining Burst and holding everything. So the current ROI is meaningless to me. Currently at 848TB. Received another 288TB of drives this week so those are plotting now. So I will be joining the 1PB club shortly.
  5. C

New CHEAP 6 GPU Rosewill 4U mining case. Got it today, new pics.

I'll stick with my ATX PSU's for mining. I have nothing against the HP server PSU's I see other peeps using but I'm not trusting $6,000+ worth of GPU's to some power breakout board coming from the same place the craptastic risers come from. I'll either run less GPU's per chassis (assuming I...
  6. C

Just noticed today Rosewill has Revision C out aka RSV-L4000C which now has three front mounted 120mm fan brackets from the factory as well as a redesigned rear panel getting rid of the expansion slots and adding more fan slots. Would still love to see dual PSU support as I also run 1080 TI's...
  7. C

LSI Sas 9201-16e

Haha. I've used this specific model for years. I only needed the half height cards with 8 ports, but at the time I bought my first ones well over a year ago the 16e's were literally half the price for double the ports. So I started just building JBOD chassis and using these cards instead. I've...
  8. C

LSI Sas 9201-16e

I actually bought some of those @ $34 myself before I saw this thread. It was also suggested to me on Amazon and I thought: yep, I believe I need 3 of those. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. C

I agree about the fans, in the past when I bought the Rosewill L4500 the first thing I did was remove their garbage fans and replaced them with Deltas. I am curious why they went the 5x80mm vs the 3x120mm fan wall their chassis usually come with. Im sure they have their reasons and it may...
  10. C

Haha. I vote for Velcro, electrical tape and bailing wire. That can fix just about anything Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. C

Too bad they only went halfway and left all the pcie slots you won't need rather than dual PSU mounts. This would defiantly be easier than modding one yourself. I use 1080 TI's so dual PWS is a must. Not just for the wattage but the number of connections. I would like to buy some Gray Matter...
  12. C

Need advice on 24+ bay chassis solution

One point I can offer on the Rosewill chassis is they are not good for vibration. In my specific use case I wanted to test a Rosewill L4500 against my 2U Chenbro 12 bay hot swap chassis. Just wanted the same drive count but a much quieter chassis. I had read about the Rosewill chassis not...
  13. C

Chenbro rails for RM235 Series

Looks like just about everyone is out of stock. Only piece of advice I can offer is I had ordered a couple rail sets for a RM23212 and then everyone went out of stock and the item was discontinued. What I found out is "King Slide" which is who makes a lot of their rails changed the part number...
  14. C

SAS Expander question.

I may be way off base here but it sounds like you were looking at the 24 bay SM chassis with SAS2 backplane if they were showing up that high. Since the Rosewill will hold 12 drives the SM equivalent to look at is the 826. It will be nowhere near $800. They used to run sub $300 on eBay with the...
  15. C

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

Linux ISO's of course! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. C

Supermicro unRAID System From MrRackables

Back when I was still buying SM846 chassis I switched to ordering from Texas as well. I could never get Mr Rackables to give a shipping discount on multiple item order even though they get reduced shipping for multi item shipments. They guys out of Texas would. So it ended up being cheaper. A...
  17. C

[DEAD] WD reds 4/8TB $90/$200 via shucking - update, 8TB reds now $180, 4TB deal looks dead.

The WD 8TB are all helium drives. I was referring to the fact that some are getting these easystore enclosures with the newer model 8TB Red with more cache, 256MB vs 128MB, that we were all getting before. I wasn't ever saying they were NOT Reds or NOT helium drives. Sent from my iPhone using...
  18. C

I also saw on Reddit where peeps buying these are now getting a different model #, different label (still a 8TB Red) and 256MB cache compared to the 128MB we got last time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. C

Unless something has changed, last I knew switching TLER on doesn't survive a reboot on the white label WD80EZZX? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  20. C

NorcoRPC-2008 and RL-20 Rail Fit

Kind of in the middle right now. I went from Norco 2212's to SAS1 Supermicro 826's, grew into the SAS1 Supermicro 846's, then jumped on the bandwagon and moved over to (4) SAS3 60 bay HGST chassis. I was running nothing but 2TB drives at that time. Got in on the Best Buy 8TB drive deal and...