Search results

1. G

Connectx-3 Alternatives

We've been buying reasonably priced Mellanox Connectx-3 SFP+ 10Gbe NICs over the past couple of years, usually for around $17 to $20 on ebay (US). These days however, all these cards are priced at around $40. :( Any recommendations for good alternatives? I've seen some dual-port SolarFlare...
  2. G

POE Switch Recommendations

Hi, I'm looking for a 24-port POE switch (all ports POE) with SFP uplink ports that's QUIET (people will be working within its vicinity). It needs to support VLANs so I need some degree of manageability. I have found this Netgear GS324TP...
  3. G

VOIP Switch Recommendation

I'm looking for switch recommendations with the following traits: - 16 or 24 ports of 1G ethernet ports with regular 802.3af POE for powering Polycom phones. - 10G SFP+ uplink port (one or two ports is enough) - Quiet, as they will be placed inside an office space. They don't have to be...
  4. G

Mellanox ConnectX / HP MT26448 - Multiple PFs not yet supported

I got a bunch of these Mellanox ConnectX HP branded MT26448 cards on eBay for use in a Proxmox cluster, and mostly they're fine. However, once every 3 - 5 reboots, they don't come up and we see the this in the logs: I've found a few posts about this issue in various places, but none with a...
  5. G

Dell PowerConnect 5548 Noise

I've got a bunch of Dell PowerConnect 5500 series (5524, 5548 and 5548P). They are noisy, and I need to use them in an office environment in a cabinet. So I'm looking to replace the fans. I've seen a lot of advice / recommendations for the (likely equally noisy) 5400 series, such as using these...
  6. G

Used M5300-52G on ebay

Greetings! I've been lurking for a while, great stuff! First time poster today. I am interested in picking up two Netgerar M5300-52G switches on ebay to add some redundancy to my network. My intention is to set them up as follows: Now: Stacked, with stacking connection using dual 10G ports...