Search results

1. R

ASRock WC621D8A-2T & WC621D8A-NL Boards

Slightly jealous of those cheap prices on the 8259CL, 8272CL parts, would love those extra cores. But I need that extra PCIe1 16x slot from W-32xx series processors for multi GPU setup. Higher core count W series still priced in $000's :confused:
  2. R

FYI the 4x4x4x4 PCIe bifurcation option in bios works well. I have 2 Crucial P5 Plus nvme drives now connected in software RAID 0 scratch drive using mdadm (Linux). Getting ~7GB/s Read, 4GB/s write, around double compared to single nvme. Using this adapter card off Amazon: 4 x nvme pcie. Anyone...
  3. R

Yes, although the board does look brand new, and has CPU cover.
  4. R

Yes there's quite a few deals on Fleabay, I got 6 sticks 2666 Micron ECC for £85 GBP. The faster 2933 memory (which Scalable Gen 2 supports) is quite a bit more expensive, but if you see a deal then buy that. I think the difference in performance is marginal at best. Last time I ugraded memory...
  5. R

But it took me a couple of days before all channels worked correctly, I think there was some dirt/grease somewhere either in CPU socket, CPU pins or memory/memory socket, not sure which. Anyway I drenched everything with 99.9% isopropyl alchohol + air duster, and no issues since.
  6. R

6 x DIMM is the best configuration to give balanced hexatruple channel mode. See my Bios pic below. RolloZ170 is correct that the memory explanation in manual is crap.
  7. R

Also there's a ton of overclocking options in bios, haven't touched any of it since I have no experience of that. Is it a waste of time messing with these with a locked CPU?
  8. R

Thanks, any idea what TDC limit is on these WC621D8A boards? Must be quite a bit higher to handle 3175X with 28 unlocked cores and base freq 3.1GHz
  9. R

Good to know, I think this 8259CL processor is listed at 210W. But motherboard manual states supported: 'Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors (Max 205W) and Intel® Xeon® W Processor (MAX 255W)'. I wonder if this means we can ignore the 205W power limit on scalables? Seems ridiculous since W...
  10. R

Cheap Asrock WC621D8A Skylake/Cascade Lake Xeon Workstation Boards

I saw 10+ of these boards sold over last week or so. I've started this thread in Processors & Motherboards for people to record which Scalable CPUs work and don't work with these boards, or any other issues... ASRock WC621D8A-2T & WC621D8A-NL Boards
  11. R

I have one of these boards purchased recently off ebay for a great price. Please use this thread to post your experiences on which Scalable CPUs (ie. ES,QS, etc) work and don't work with this board.. I'm currnently using 12 core W-3235 with no issues, but would like more cores at some point...
  12. R

Sure, but Scalable will fall in price just like 2011 V1,V2, V3, V4 did. If you wait for those prices before buying mobo, all the best deals are already gone
  13. R

Long time ago I had a HP Z600, very nice machine, very quiet, compact and exceptional build quality. But when it came to CPU upgrades, HP's CPU support list was very limited. Always felt HP put up lots of barriers to prevent you from going outside their ecosystem (with juicy fat markups). It's a...
  14. R

Also have to consider price of cooling a second socket, these coolers ain't cheap, I paid £110 for the Noctua which really hurt. But maybe you guys not using a PC case? Interested to hear what people using for 3647 cooling.
  15. R

I see the available boards on ebay has gone down a few yesterday, should've asked the guy for a cut!
  16. R

Yes I thought about EPYC but the higher clocks with Xeon W series processors sold me on this board for my use case, and of course the board price. I managed to bag a 12 core W-3235 3.3Ghz which turbos to 4.5Ghz for a reasonable price, would prefer more cores too but the higher end used Ws are...
  17. R

This is front screen of BIOS, not sure where I see what BIOS version I have?
  18. R

Yes I'm in UK. Looks like NablasquaredG (above in thread) used a freight forwarder
  19. R

Vertical cooler isn't ideal, but it's happy enough. Haven't mounted the HDDs yet, may not bother, they're just covering holes in bottom of case:). One thing I've found in bios is that each 16x pcie slot supports 4x4x4x4 bifurcation, so may have a go at Raid 0 NVME. The bottom 16x pcie slot is...
  20. R

Theres more detail on the Asrock 2T web page than on the NL page (I'm assuming the NL suffix stands for 'No LAN and 2T stands for 2x Ten Gbe). 2T page includes link to board manual and CPU, RAM approved list