Search results

1. W

Cooling the CPU, X11SDV-4C-TLN2F

UPDATE 2022/06/04: A few details kept nagging at me, mostly that if I push the HSF onto the CPU heat spreader very little heatsink compound would transfer from the HSF to the heat spreader. This made me think there was still something physical preventing ideal contact. To ensure the brackets...
  2. W

AsrockRack x570d4i-2T

For the Epyc3251 and 3451, does anybody have measurements of the mobo mounting holes? I designed aluminum brackets for the X10SDV and X11SDV Supermicro boards (so I can use Noctua L12S cooler) and am wondering if they would work on Asrock's Epyc3x51 series.
  3. W

Following up on my home-made clips on page 3, I finally broke down and made some 3D models so I could have proper brackets for a Noctua L12S fabricated from aluminum. The fine people at SendCutSend made them from 1/8 in aluminum 5052, including the bending. I think they came out to $12 per pair...
  4. W

EPYC3251D4I-2T build

@csp-guy What are the temps on this board at idle and full load (with the fan)?
  5. W

The 80 mm fan shroud + a rather noisy Delta kept the temps around 55-60 C with an ambient temp of 26 C (having replaces the TIM with Arctic Silver 5). Reading through the above thread and looking on the Noctua website, I thought the NH-L12S looked like a good candidate. I knew I needed all 4...
  6. W

Using a Sunon 80 mm diameter fan cut both the load and idle temperatures in half (80 C to 40 C and 40 C to 20 C), plus or minus a few degrees science. Would something like this work for your setup?
  7. W

How much headroom do you have in the case? I made some fan shrouds for the X10SDV and custom heatsinks I bought using a 3D printer. chemlinux: Cooling X10SDV (Xeon D-1540/1541) I have the same X11SDV and was thinking of creating something similar, but I have not workout out any of the...
  8. W

X10SDV Thermal Paste

@PigLover, the heatsinks were manufactured by Alpha Novatech. Here is a link to a similar article, and I posted pics of the heatsinks and a longer discussion of the results down in the comments. I have an extra 6 of these if you are interested (buying just a few is rather pricey, so I opted to...
  9. W

Q: Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F cooling?

I should have posted the link to my lengthier reply (with pics) before. It is an aluminum heatsink from Alpha technologies that I worked with them to design. It needed a few tweaks upon arrival, but nothing a few minutes with a file could not fix. Required cooling for X10SDV-F?
  10. W

Q: Supermicro X10SDV-4C-TLN2F cooling?

I have only tested my cooling changes on one unit thus far, but I did not get much of a change until I put an 80 mm Sunon fan on it. Even that gain was only a few degrees C. However, replacing the stock HSF with a custom HSF lowered the idle temps from 35 C to 30 C and the load temps from 60 -...
  11. W

X10SDV Thermal Paste

I have two of the D-1540 models and one D-1520. I pulled the HSF off of one of the D-1540 models and replaced the TIM with AS5. I talked with tech support about cooling and taking off the HSF and they recommended I not do that. I did not have any problems, though it was stuck on the CPU rather...
  12. W

Required cooling for X10SDV-F?

My temps at full load (using a computational quantum mechanics or the HPL benchmarking software) were 58 - 65 C. I first tried lapping the heatsink as it had a noticeable bow and a fairly rough surface. That plus Arctic Silver 5 did not change the load temps. I bought a replacement heatsink...