Search results

1. J

*SOLD* Thanks

Dropped the price a bit...
  2. J

*SOLD* Thanks

In preparing the server for sale, I noticed I omitted one of the drives. The server has a 250GB Intel SSD installed in ADDITION to the HP NVME drive. Both driven off the MB chipset, so all 8 LSI ports are available for the removable bays!
  3. J

*SOLD* Thanks

Looks like ballpark $35.
  4. J

*SOLD* Thanks

So I'm (trying) to sell off my beloved FreeNAS rig. Spent a lot of time collecting parts and dreaming about getting it up and running (which it does wonderfully!) - only to realize I already have too many computers! My loss is your gain - a truly unique file server capable of MUCH more with...
  5. J

U-NAS NSC-810A mATX Chassis

It is very tight in the MB section of that case. If you aren't using any add-in cards at all, maybe with some creative ducting you could get enough cooling in there with that fan. Otherwise, you may have to consider altering the top of the case to get enough clearance to mount a fan on top of...
  6. J

Anyone got a 4k transcoding, FreeNAS machine? (ITX, IPMI, ECC)

I saw it mentioned earlier - Plex within a FreeNAS server won't do GPU transcoding. That is your biggest hiccup with this. Otherwise, I think the E3/E5 Xeon options are likely your only path. I run an E3 for a FreeNAS/Plex server, and it works flawlessly - although I don't run 4k. If you are...
  7. J

I think my extensions came from a local PC shop...Nothing special. Pretty sure my PSU is this one: SeaSonic SS-350M1U
  8. J

I would also suggest the 810A. So much more flexibility (uATX!) for just a tiny bit more space. I also went with the Seasonic 1U and used cable extensions - which makes things a bit messy, but short of custom cables, thats the way it is. I use an NH-L9i as well. My one complaint that U-NAS...
  9. J

I got my system transplanted today. Mixed results, but I'm happy with it. Temperatures and noise are pretty similar with my old setup for the CPU - honestly, my old system wasn't loud. But I have 3 extra drive bays, and my HDD temps are about 10 degrees cooler than before. My 80 watt Xeon...
  10. J

It took only a couple of days from my purchase before my unit was shipped. I did see a delay in actually getting a shipping/purchase receipt e-mail - in fact, I e-mailed a question about what was included in shipping and saw my receipt in the response before I was actually e-mailed the receipt...
  11. J

I have run my current setup in an iStar mini-itx chassis for years on my basement floor. It, too, has quite restricted airflow. I'm hoping that two 120mm fans (versus my current single 120mm fan) will suffice to cool the HDD bays. With the mobo being on top and somewhat isolated from the...
  12. J

I just received this chassis this week. I've replaced the 120mm fans (Gelids) with Noctua fans, and have installed my PSU. I will try to transplant my current FreeNAS build into the case on Monday - I plan to run an 80w Xeon, 5x5TB 3.5" drives, and an HBA in the case. It does also come with a...
  13. J

Avoton MB + 16GB DDR3 ECC RAM

The board has sold...Thanks for looking!
  14. J

Sale pending on the Avoton/Memory
  15. J

Newby poster here, but I've read and learned a lot from STH. In fact I've built and rebuilt my NAS and some other personal use stuff with the insights I've gained from the articles and forums! On to the task at hand. I have an Asrock Rack C2550D4I mini-ITX server up for grabs - or really the...