Search results

1. N

IBM BR101 LSI SAS3082E-R 8 Port Controller strange issues

Well we can add MSI and Jetway boards to that list. I'm still going to perform load test to see how they perform. Thanks for all the info! ~NC
  2. N

OK I installed the controller in a dual xeon intel server box I have running 2003. No sign of the error and the UI came up right after initialization. Install 2003 drivers and then updated the firmware to the IT version, worked first try. Installed the updated card in my Core i3 box and even...
  3. N

OK i see where the b1,b2 and b3 firware files are and how to apply them. It never gets that far because the util can't find the card. ~NC
  4. N

I have one server system that is my current SBS2003 dev box, I'll give it a try. Also, I've been reading up on the firmware updates and was going to give it a try. I found this post with firmware batches...
  5. N

Update: I've installed the card in a new mainboard setup, Jetway NF9A running a core I3 CPU. I'm seeing the same PCI IO error and the IU will not launch. ~NC
  6. N

Custom 16 drive Mini ITX build

Howdy folks, I initially posted this in the FreeNAS section because It what I build there for but anything will run on them. Let me know what you think. http://forums.servethehome.com/showthread.php?667-16-Drive-Mini-Itx-FreeNAS-Server-Builds ~NC
  7. N

16 Drive Mini Itx FreeNAS Server Builds

Some pics Complete shot of the mainboard showing it sideways in the chassis. Another top down shot Shot of the panel mount extensions It's a tight fit but with additional 50mm fans that I mount to the case top that fall between the controller and backplane and above the...
  8. N

Howdy all, I found this forum searching for info on this card and I'm glad I did, great resource. I've heard good things about this card and have access to as as many as I need at a great cost so I really want them to work. Picked one up and started testing on my FreeNAS systems. Drivers...
  9. N

Honestly it was a combination of the large number of FreeNAS users that had good luck with the RocketRaid cards and deals I found on the 16 port model. I've got 4 2340 systems out in the field now and so far so good but use has been minimal, just basic file serving and backup, no heavy database...
  10. N

FreeNAS for ZFS

+1 FreeNAS. Interface is clean, lots of hardware support and the community is on top of things. ~NC
  11. N

Howdy all, First post, hope I can contribute to the forum. I'm a freelance integrator with a annoying drive to come up with unique server builds. So this story starts with me acquiring 30 16 drive 3U chassis that are built for PCIE over cable made by a defunct company called Ciprico. Let me...