Search results

1. G

Where to find HP D2600/2700 firmware?

yes, user ZXV sent me a proliant service pack. I was able to find the firmware in that and update thru an HP controller.
  2. G

Where to find HP D2600/2700 firmware?

I bought 3 HP D2600 LFF SAS drive enclosures off ebay. They do not have the same firmware installed and my megaraid card complains and will not recognize them when all are connected due to the firmware not matching. (it works fine with the two that match or the other but not a combination of...
  3. G

? suggestions for connecting dual port NVME U.2 drives?

Thanks for the info. I did not realize they were ES. As always...if it looks too good.
  4. G

? suggestions for connecting dual port NVME U.2 drives?

I keep seeing 3.8TB Intel D4502 nvme drives on ebay...cheap. $3-500. These are Dual Port NVME and need a dual port backplane, etc to work. I have looked around but have not found any machines or parts with this as an option. I would love to setup a multi disk raid with these to replace my...
  5. G

crappy SSD raid performance - suggestions?

Looking at old reviews of these drives (even from Patrick) it looks like the single drive performance is correct for these. The good news is the WPD/TBW are so big for these that they will last forever.
  6. G

The drives are mixed. Early drives were new, As I expanded the raid set I bought used in order to keep the same drive in the set. Secure Erase (ATA) command, vs. secure erase vs. long format = same result as posted.
  7. G

CPU, RAM, are 6-8%. Teste 3, 4, and 5 drive Raid 0. Similar results under 64K file size writes. Only after that does it scale significantly. Either way a raid 0 (would be raid 10) has a 10X write gain for files under 2MB. Reads are only 20% faster. (18 drive raid 5 vs 5 drive raid 0). Further...
  8. G

Unfortunately the results are identical when the performance setting is set to dynamic or big block bypass. I have not tried OLTP. Good Suggestion though.
  9. G

Ok. Over the weekend I added another drive to the raid 5 set and changed the stripe size to 256K (the max size available). Unfortunately I don't know what the stripe size was before but know it was small. The 512 Byte block size is fixed for the SSD drives. I tested speeds before and after using...
  10. G

Thank you for the suggestions. I set up the raid using straight default settings. Transfer rate is 6Gb/s, Write-Cache is set to off (write through). Oddly the block size on each drive is set to 512 Bytes while the logical device says it can be 512kb or 4k. I will have to look that over to double...
  11. G

Hey everyone, I am looking for suggestions to a problem I am having. I have a single Adaptec 72405 24 port raid card directly connected to 14 Samsung SV843 960GB SSD. Looking at Adpatec's literature (google series7_performance_wp.pdf) the card can deliver almost 5,800 MB/s read and 1,800 MB/s...
  12. G

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

I found the same info but was unable to figure out how to get KVM over IP working. I have since purchased a raritan KVM/IP switch and it's extras in order to get this function. The Quanta servers I have actually came from a Facebook datacenter. Anyone know someone in IT there that might be able...
  13. G

40Gbe infiniband 36 port switch $220

Not sure who uses infiniband but what a great price for 40Gbe switches. MELLANOX VOLTAIRE GRID DIRECTOR 4036 1PS 40GBE INFINIBAND SWITCH 4669-HCP-IBM | eBay
  14. G

NEW 480Gb Samsung SM843T Data Center Series SSD $100

Anybody create a raid 6 with these? What controller did you use?
  15. G

Sorry to steer you guys to these if they are not as advertised. It is a smoking deal for new. It is a good deal for used. Wildpig1234 - We have 1TB ssd as boot drive on our workstations. They have about 1.5TBW in 6 months. (everything we do is read from and saved to the file server). With our...
  16. G

Found this on ebay. Great deal for new data center drives. 480Gb Samsung SM843T Data Center Series SATA 6.0 7mm 2.5" Solid State Drive SSD enjoy.
  17. G

6 pack SFP+ DAC cables $25

For everyone looking to add 10Gbe cheaply, you can buy 1,2, and 3 meter Direct attach cables in packs of 6,12, and 24 from Natex.us. Look under the accessories tab. (They also have Quanta 10Gbe switches.)
  18. G

Sorry, I never dealt with a bios dump before. Sounds like what I was asking for. I am running ForC_A07. I wonder what the differences are. Thanks for posting.
  19. G

Can you backup the bios and post the bin / Rom file?
  20. G

Quanta LB8 48x10G - $375

Network switches are working great. I am waiting for cables to migrate more machines. Now I need to plan for storage upgrades. I need to get the write speeds up. What do all of you use for network storage when you have 10Gbe or 40Gbe networks?