Search results

1. E

Won HP ProDesk 400 G4 on auction.

Confirmed to be working on my ED 800 G4..
  2. E

Won HP ProDesk 400 G4 on auction.

Hi Patrick, I don't agree with this. Especially in the case of the EliteDesk/Prodesk G4 800/400 respectively: EliteDesk 800 G4 Mini = Intel Q370 PCH with vPro Prodesk 400 G4 Mini = Intel B360 The Elitedesk 800 has the ability to use larger expansion cards such as the Thunderbolt 3 card due...
  3. E

Project TinyMiniMicro: Reviving Small Corporate Desktops

wow, that pricing is great. Will look into it! Any personal experience with these modules?
  4. E

@wardtj : did you have to add a driver to Esxi 7.0 to get that Solo5G USB adapter recognized? Any problems so far?
  5. E

Nice Looking out @risysadmin ! ... Did not know that these Optiplex 7050 micros supported the Intel® i219-V Gigabit NIC for some sweet ESXi compatibility! ;) Thanks for providing validation on RAM as well. I have some crucial 32GB sticks in my EliteDesk 800, but its good to have alternatives...
  6. E

All's Well that RAMs well ... 64GB up and running!!
  7. E

So ... it looks like I have a bad stick of RAM, it will post with 32GB STICK B in either slot. STICK A alone or in combination with STICK B causes the fault code.
  8. E

Hi Everyone, I have a HP Prodesk 600 G4 here @ home as a loaner from work (Core i7-8700T). So I decided to try upgrading it to 64GB of RAM. I hope to have two of these Mini/Micro nodes in a XCP-NG cluster. These are the ram modules I ordered : Crucial 32GB DDR4-2666 SODIMM | CT32G4SFD8266 |...
  9. E

FreeNAS 11.3-U3 Maintenance Release Fixing Over 100 Bugs

Had to roll back to 11.3-U2.1 as the dashboard refuses to load in Chrome, New-Edge, FireFox even after clearing the browser cache in all 3 browsers... :rolleyes:
  10. E

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus is Worth Getting Excited About

Storage Review has an early video tour :
  11. E

Intel Core i3-8300 Benchmarks and Review The Dark Horse Low Cost Server Processor

Thank you Patrick, it seems I need a visit to the optician. - look forward to seeing the i3-8100's numbers as that is the cpu I would be getting.
  12. E

Intel Core i3-8300 Benchmarks and Review The Dark Horse Low Cost Server Processor

What do you guys think about combining it with a low cost B360M motherboard for an ESXi homelab whitebox? No ECC, but do you think I can get by without that? Board : Amazon
  13. E

Don't know if I missed it, but did @Patrick mention the idle power draw of this test platform?
  14. E

Hello folks, Will this work in C232 based boards such as the Supermicro X11SSL-F-O? From SM's site, I see no mention of 8th Gen Cpu support for the latest bios 2.0+ revs..
  15. E

STH was mentioned in LinusTechTips video today

@Patrick : Good morning, May I humbly suggest that you reach out to Linus Sebastian and invite him to tour the demo lab(s). He has a lot of younger viewers that will be transitioning into IT. Getting that exposure for STH would be awesome. Most of his server focussed videos have gotten > 1...
  16. E

Besides Dell PowerConnect, what other switches with free firmware?

Check out the Ubiquiti Edgeswitch series .. the 48 Edgeswitch Lite has SFP+ ports (2)
  17. E

FS: HP 1810G-24

You have PM!
  18. E

FS: HP 1810G-24

+Peanuthead, are these still available?
  19. E

FreeNAS 9.10 Stable

Same here. The upgrade was easy and its stable. Its worth noting that I had no issues with 9.3 either..