Search results

1. I

Just bought a T740. Wouuld like to put 2x32GB DDR-3200 SODIMMs in. 1. Is this possible to do? 2...

Just bought a T740. Wouuld like to put 2x32GB DDR-3200 SODIMMs in. 1. Is this possible to do? 2. Must they be single rank,1R? 3. What is lowest power and voltage I can use these days for SODIMMs? 4. Any suggestions for two 32GB SODIMMs that might work in HP T740? Ebay link? 5. Anyway to get ECC...
  2. I

Monoprice 32in 4K IPS monitor 1 DP 1.2, 1 HDMI 2.0, 2 HDMI 1.4 $300 for a limited time . Reg $399 FS before tax

Thanks KC8FLB for your reply. Two questions: 1. Do you use Windows "Show Windows Side By Side" to cause Window to snap your four open windows to quadrants? 2. I would like to automatically cause a dynamic number of tiled frames. So, when I open a fifth, or sixth window,all open windows...
  3. I

Monoprice 32in 4K IPS monitor 1 DP 1.2, 1 HDMI 2.0, 2 HDMI 1.4 $300 for a limited time . Reg $399 FS before tax

1- The downloadable user manual on Monoprice says, "2xHDMI 2.0 and 2xDP1.3" Is that wrong? https://downloads.monoprice.com/files/manuals/27772_Manual_171220.pdf 2- User manual has no mention of the "multiwindow setting in monitor menu". Did I miss that? Thanks.
  4. I

Thanks, wildpig1234. Waiting to read how KC8FLB does it on his 43" 4k tv.
  5. I

1- What make and model? For mostly text use. 2- What software do you use to "split the screen into four 1080p quadrants. Thanks!
  6. I

What Keyboard are you using?

Less is More. QWERTY keyboard layout was engineered by IBM to slow down typists? Why? To avoid fast typists to not have to dirty their hands, 'unclumping' the tangled mechanical levers, one for each key when they came too close to each other, and became intertwined. 6 keys provide 63 chords. 5...
  7. I

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

Is this true? Who deleted it? Why? Without any attribution? Maybe another site might do that but NOT STH. I hope.
  8. I

Kingston SSDNow V300

I believe Kingston is a company that manufactures nothing. They reserve the right to change the components, keeping the same item description. So what you actually get is a moving target.
  9. I

cool M.2 adapter

I believe all the Amfeltec products are PCI3 2.0, NOT 3.0. So M.2 NVME and PCI-e NVME may suffer.
  10. I

STH Forums - Short Downtime Tonight

gigatexal, no offense to Patrick intended. The concepts of "non downtime", high-availability, are of interest to many here. Is there a hardware/software design, aka Tandem Non-Stop, that achieves this promise? BTW spitball is a programming language :) SPITBOL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia...
  11. I

Patrick, if you used gigatexal "two identical hosts" couldn't the XF patches be applied without any perceivable downtime? First bring down one server's XF forum sw to peform XF update. Then incremental copy of new forum posts, if any, from on-line server.
  12. I

Patrick/anyone, is there a design that would suffer no perceivable down time. Anyone old enough to remember Tandem nonstop designs? Most recent reincarnation is 2014 by HP? Tandem Computers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  13. I

What monitors are people using these days?

If you don't mind my asking, what did you replace it with? On ebay most used/like new U3011 are approx. $600-700. Too expensive, since technology has moved on. I couldn't find anyone, using Google, who actually fixed their defective U3011, but I would bet Dell knows exactly what component...
  14. I

Sorry about that. Same story for me. I assume yours went black? Was it all at once or intermittent? My experience was that if I disconnected the power and data cable for a weekend that sometimes when I reconnected the power, I got the OSD. I suspect that some component overheats or has a...
  15. I

Were you able to get your U3011 fixed? What parts did you replace? I started with two Dell U3011. Still using one. The other developed the well known 'goes black' . Leaving unplugged for awhile would fix it, but eventually NOT. Got Dell to provide free replacement which by that time was a...
  16. I

10GB Performance issues

whitey, did you look at %CPU utilization? Also with multiple NICs. Then jumbo frame can be important with 1GigE.
  17. I

Raging Inferno Hot: Micron p320h 350GB (2 avail) - $260ea

NOT MS technology. It is patent pending and at this time would require a non-disclosure agreement. I am in need of machine/assembler level/macro assembler level programmers experienced in Intel, AMD, and ARM hardware instruction sets. Also FPGA programming abilities. If people have the time...
  18. I

Naeblis, thanks for sharing. You wrote>"..i usually set the age to 0 days, and as i am coping items over I manually run jobs, so i don't fill up the drives before the dedup jobs reduces the space. This is especially important for SSDs ..." About Data Deduplication (Windows) says "When new...
  19. I

Naeblis, if you don't mind sharing, what "dedup" software do you use? Is it effective? Time to create dedup version first time? Afterward is it real time and automatic? Any reason not to use dedup? Others?