Search results

1. C

[US] [WTB] Intel S2600CP2J

I have an aging LGA2011 setup that I would like to salvage. Current S2600CP2J MB is acting up, onboard Ethernet + BMC are dead and it boots up when it wants to. I'm looking for an inexpensive fix replacing the MB with a fully functional S2600CP2J in case somebody wants to get rid of something...
  2. C

CSE-M28SACB fan

Hello!, I got a CSE-M28SACB disk cage, it sports a super noisy fan. Given it's mounted in a P4000M Intel chassis with air ducts and stock fans, would it be possible to just remove the cage fan?. It's super tiny & noisy, interestingly though, I've seen pictures of the cage without the fan and...
  3. C

Intel S2600CP2J replacement

My Intel S2600CP2J based home lab server is acting up once more. I'm fed up and would like to throw the MB away (it has always been weird/wonky) It's currently matched with an Intel P4000M case, with compatible Intel air duct, CPU heatsinks, 2x e5-2680 V2 and 16*32GB RAM sticks. Is there any...
  4. C

Controller sudenly dead

Hello!, I've been running RS3DC080 (Intel OEM for 9361-8i) on ESXi 7.0 for about a month and it suddenly died on me. The CLI only states "controller not present", and there's no much additional info. The status LED for the first disks keeps blinking. The case is well ventilated, P4000 series...
  5. C

SAS cable difference?

Hello, Can anybody tell the difference between CBL-SAST-0531 and CBL-SAST-0593 cables?. I'm looking to connect an Supermicro CSE-M28SACB cage with an Intel RS3DC080 controller.
  6. C

Intel RS3DC080 with LSI/Avago capacitor?

Helli!, I got an RS3DC080 controller. Anybody knows if Intel controllers can use Avago/LSI cache and capacitor kits? I found original Intel cache/capacitor kits (AXXRMFBU4) but they're quite expensive. 9361-8i kits from Lenovo are way more affordable, for the same price of the BBU kit from...
  7. C

H710 stock Dell firmware vs LSI

Hello!, I need local RAID support for ESXi 7 and got an PERC H710 + WD SA500 SSD disks. Would it be any better to use standard LSI firmware vs Dell firmware to achieve better TRIM support by the firmware/controller (both in RAID mode, no IT/HBA mode)?
  8. C

Any printer expert around?

I'm between purchasing an used Ricoh Aficio C306 (discontinued) & a new HP M479FDW, any hints?
  9. C

BMC on Intel S2600CP

Hello!, I got an S2600CP2J motherboard running E5-2670, soon to be upgraded to E5-2680 v2. Everything seems to work fine except the BMC and onboard NICs, most probably that part is damaged but would like to know if there's a way to reset the BMC somehow. In the BIOS all the BMC options are...
  10. C

Cooler alternatives for X9SCM-F

Hello!, Are there any better option to match a Supermicro X9SCM-F motherboard with an E3-1265L v2 than an Artic Freezer 34?
  11. C

6in1 cage?

I've been evaluating these: Icy Dock MB994SP-4SB-1 Icy Dock MB607SP-B Silverstone FS204B But lately though about jumping to the 6 drive cages: Icy Dock MB608SP-B Icy Dock MB996SP-6SB Any feedback on the noise & heat levels?. I'm planning to match one on a case with 15x3.5" drives...
  12. C

Microserver Gen8 and PCI/NVMe/SATA addons

Hello, I'm wondering if an HPE Microserver Gen8 could take PCI cards like the QM2-2S-220A or QM2-2P-244A. The idea would be to add two small flash drives without losing the 4 3.5" slots, since they will be used for capacity (bigger mechanical disks) Regards.
  13. C

Memory upgrade

I have a somewhat dated home lab running dual E5-2670 on a S2600CP2J motherboard. Would like to jump to an 16x32GB memory configuration. I'm looking at modules listed as PC3-14900R and PC3-14900L (somewhat cheaper). Any insights on which should I get?
  14. C

Crimping tool

Hello, I'm trying to source a good crimping tool for 8C8P/RJ45 connectors, and looking forward to use passthrough connectors (with indoor and outdoor cables). All the options found on Amazon are reported to have one problem or another, is there any consensus over here?
  15. C

Looking for a cheap & quiet PoE+4x10GbE switch

Given the ICX7150 went up in price, I was looking at these alternatives: Aruba S2500-24p (around us$ 100) HP Procurve 2530-24G (around us$60) HP Procurve 2910al-24G (around us$50), some reports of running hot and noisy The Procurve seem to be more recent, the S2500 had some successful fan...
  16. C

PoE fanless switch with 10GbE SFP+

I'm thinking about installing 3 indoor PoE switches (EAP245/EAP225-Wall) and 2 outdoor APs (EAP 225), also have two machines requiring 10GbE (home lab & NAS). PoE cameras are also in the ToDo, at least 3 to start. I'm after a fanless switch that would accommodate the initial load (might deploy...
  17. C

N3024F experiences?

Never mind, please delete
  18. C

SFN6122F vs SFN7002F

Any insights you could share regarding these two NICs?. The SFN6122F are reported to draw less power than X520-DA2, but next generation NICs (SFN7002F cost around the same)
  19. C

PoE access point?

Good night, I'm after the Archer C7 or C9 for a new home network. Was expecting to install 3 of them around the house and PoE seems the way to make it easier. Anybody can recommend any OpenWRT compatible AC1900 AP that could be powered by PoE?
  20. C

Downsizing

Hello!, Currently I have a lab server running with dual E5-2670 processors + 128GB RAM, it's built on an Intel tower chassis + 8 SATA disks for a NAS (8 port HBA passthrough to a VM). Usually requires 24x7 air conditioning so the fans don't scream announcing the end of the world (home...