Search results

1. D

Customized PCI Express Gen 3 Carrier Board for 4 M.2 SSD modules

What is everyone using in 2022? I need a bifurcated quad nvme solution for my Supermicro Xeon D.
  2. D

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

I thought I'd share my temporary setup for the X10SDV-6C+-TLN4F, waiting on case and final PSU but couldn't wait to get it going with ESXi 6 and pfSense.
  3. D

I ended up ordering the following, coming on the 9th (Friday): X10SDV-6C+-TLN4F Crucial 32GB DDR4-2133 RDIMM CT7986323 Samsung 256Gb 950 Pro NVMe SSD Also waiting on next months shipment of Ncase M1 and Silverstone 700W SFX-L PSU, buying for efficiency and silence.
  4. D

Socket FCBGA 1667 aftermarket cooling??

I wish Noctua made a CPU cooler, Noctua.at - Premium cooling components designed in Austria and/or wish there was a liquid cooler out there.
  5. D

Ouch, why would they leave that off a 'network optimized' '8 series' chip? Doesn't this article contradict that statement? Intel Xeon D-15x8 Networking Accelerated SKUs Would QAT make a c2758 faster/better option than the D1528 without QAT?
  6. D

Wow, not bad, now I wonder if that's a better route or not, missing QA,etc (networking goodies) that the D-15*8 boards have right? Network goodies: They all comes with the following things enabled: (D-1518, D-1528 & D-1548) - AES-NI cryptographic speed up - Intel QuickAssist cryptographic and...
  7. D

You're right! I think this is the board for me. Supermicro X10SDV-6C+-TLN4F - A Xeon D-1528 based mITX platform Now the case, memory, power supply and SSD @Evan and I agree a c2000 series is just fine for a firewall alone but not for a UTM/NGFW at 1Gbps internet speed.
  8. D

I had a similar impression, they claim the metal sits close enough to conduct heat through air, true but is that really enough..? I'd think it doesn't come close to direct conduction.
  9. D

Thanks Evan, a dedicated box is the idea, going all the way back I had a Pfsense appliance in my cart but I now believe their hardware is much overpriced, by ~$400. I realize you're supporting the project through buying their hardware and that you get two incidents of remote support with the...
  10. D

Also if you guys haven't seen the kenitic fan from last years CES, check it out. Could be perfect for these boards.
  11. D

Hi guys! This is my 1st post on this forum. I just finished reading all 58 pages of this thread. Man you guys are deep into this stuff. I think my goal in constructing a box is probably closest to @destrekor. My #1 goal is to construct a NGFW with Pfsense that can handle a 1Gbps internet...