Search results

1. G

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) one node BMC works other 3 not so much.

Chris: I finally got around to upgrading my BIOS and BMC according to your instructions. I must say that they worked flawlessly and now I have updated BIOS and BMC. One thing I did not do was upgrade the BIOS to 1.81. I found a bios file called 1.71 which included the iPXE code so I can now run...
  2. G

Great!!! Thanks. Just to finish up. Where did you download freedos from?
  3. G

Thanks for the reply Chris. I just checked one of my blades and the Bios is 1.44 while the BMC Is 1.14. I think you may be on to something here. Where did you get the 1.81 bios? This gives me hope for getting the BMC to work finally. Thanks again. Sorry. Ignore question about 1.81 bios. Got it...
  4. G

I have a C6100 that I bought a few years ago. It's a workhorse. Lately however I have come to require setting up the BMC for management. All of my nodes are the same XS23-TY3 with the same Bios 08.00.16. Their BMC firmware is 1:14 and the BMC bios is 1.44. I can log into the BMC server on one of...
  5. G

No vga on nodes

Thanks. My question is how do I get to the bios so I can get everything set up? Is there some kind of reset somewhere I can jumper? Glenn.
  6. G

No vga on nodes

I just received a new to me XS23-ty3 complete with 4 nodes. It powers up fine all the LEDS seem to work but when I connect a monitor to any of the nodes VGA outputs there is no output. Also when I connect a USB keyboard to any of the USB ports I can't turn the num lock on/off and get the led on...