Search results

1. S

New Server Build

Hey All, Apologies if this isn't the correct forum, if not please let me know where I should put it. So it's time to upgrade my aging setup to something a bit more modern. I'm currently running dual 2670v1's with 128GB Ram in a Norco-4224. It has served me well, but my needs are changing so...
  2. S

S2600cp Fans not Spinning

Good Evening, I hope somebody can provide me a quick answer, as I'm at my wits end. I had to open up my case today for an unrelated reason and I noticed that my CPU #1 fan and 1 chassis fan was not spinning. My first thought was that the fans had died. To confirm though, I powered down and...
  3. S

SM AOC-2308 Issue's With Sandforce?

Good Morning, I have 2x 2308's in my system, and I seem to be having issue's getting 2 of my older SSD's to play nice with them. Long story short, whenever I try to format one of the two SSD's in XFS (or any filesystem) I get a system hang, and a ton of various errors in the syslog (I didn't...
  4. S

Mounting SAS Expander

Good Morning, A bit of an odd question, but I'm looking for idea's of where I can mount an HP SAS expander in a Norco-4224 case. I have a Intel S2600CP mobo, which takes up most of the available real-estate... and I have no free slots. Anyways, just looking for ideas. Thanks! ~Spritz
  5. S

SAS Controller to Maximize Expander

Good Morning, Having just got in on the E5-2670 deals, I'm looking to clean up and optimize my storage server... and I suppose to a degree simplify it. I will be re-installing unraid on the box, which means any card needs to support IT mode (AFAIK). Anyways, what I currently have is an IBM...