Search results

1. S

New Server Build

Need is such a relative term. The minimum number of cores/threads would ~16/32. ~Spritz
  2. S

New Server Build

Ok, my thinking was the same... And any Intel offerings that currently compete? And by compete, I mean the balancing act most of us have to do with cost vs performance, new vs used availability. ~Spritz
  3. S

New Server Build

So reading the replies, it looks like Intel isn't even on the radar... not that I have a preference one way or the other. So if that's the case, Gen2 Threadripper vs Gen3 Ryzen vs Gen1 Epyc? Thanks again for all the feedback :) ~Spritz
  4. S

New Server Build

I hadn't considered that actually. I've been out of the game for a couple of years... what's currently the best bang for the buck?
  5. S

New Server Build

Hey All, Apologies if this isn't the correct forum, if not please let me know where I should put it. So it's time to upgrade my aging setup to something a bit more modern. I'm currently running dual 2670v1's with 128GB Ram in a Norco-4224. It has served me well, but my needs are changing so...
  6. S

*SOLD* Toshiba 5TB 3.5" 7200RPM MD04ACA500 x18 (90TB)

Backblaze was quite impressed with the Toshiba 5TB, if that means anything. I'll also assume since you didn't comment on it, that you won't ship to Canada? ~Spritz
  7. S

*SOLD* Toshiba 5TB 3.5" 7200RPM MD04ACA500 x18 (90TB)

As has been asked above, any warranty left on the drives? Would you be willing to offer a discount if one was to purchase multiples? And would you ship to Canada? Thanks! ~Spritz
  8. S

S2600cp Fans not Spinning

Good Evening, I hope somebody can provide me a quick answer, as I'm at my wits end. I had to open up my case today for an unrelated reason and I noticed that my CPU #1 fan and 1 chassis fan was not spinning. My first thought was that the fans had died. To confirm though, I powered down and...
  9. S

SM AOC-2308 Issue's With Sandforce?

Based on that thread, it looks like it's most similar to the 9207... ~Spritz
  10. S

@Terry Kennedy Thanks for the detailed reply! I'm not at home right now, so I am unable to give you much of the info you requested... but I can provide the following --> Linux = Yes (unraid 6.1.9), Kernel version 4.1.18 Firmware = Need to check Drives = Yes, a crucial MX100 and a 6TB spinner...
  11. S

Good Morning, I have 2x 2308's in my system, and I seem to be having issue's getting 2 of my older SSD's to play nice with them. Long story short, whenever I try to format one of the two SSD's in XFS (or any filesystem) I get a system hang, and a ton of various errors in the syslog (I didn't...
  12. S

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Yup, and in a perfect world that's also what I would have done. Unfortunately I was receiving error's when I tried to do that (you can see on the previous pages), and the method I described above is what fixed my problem. Hopefully it helps ibuyufo and anyone else with having trouble flashing...
  13. S

Sure! 1. Download the SYSCFG utility from Intel --> Link 2. Place the contents of the unzipped folder at the root of your USB drive. 3. Boot into the EFI shell 4. Mount your USB drive (map -r) 5. Change to your USB drive (typically by running fs0: ) 6. Add syscfg to your PATH (set...
  14. S

Thanks for that, I appreciate it! Unfortunately I get the same error when trying to update them individually. The error is "bmclibinitialized returned failed" which it appears somebody else had (different board though) --> Problem! Unfortunately they didn't post the fix... if they found one...
  15. S

Yup, no O/S installed as of yet.
  16. S

Hey All, I'm trying to update the bios on the S2600CP board, but everytime I do I get an error 1026. I've tried to google it, but I've not had any luck. I've tried different USB keys, different USB ports, different folder structures, no folder structures and I can't for the life of me to get...
  17. S

FS: 8 sticks of 16 GB DDR4 ECC Reg memory

I just wanted to say congrats on the twins! The first few months are the worse, but it does get better. Just remember to still make time for yourself, and for you guys as a couple... it's how to keep your sanity and your marriage :) ~Spritz
  18. S

Mounting SAS Expander

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. ~Spritz
  19. S

Mounting SAS Expander

That's exactly what I'm doing. That way I can mount the card anywhere I please :) ~Spritz