Search results

1. M

Broadcom Netxtreme BCM57762

Does anyone know if the Broadcom Netxtreme BCM57762 gigabit Ethernet adapter (Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet) adapter works with VMware ESXi 6.7? I’ve searched for drivers but no luck, wondering if someone has had better luck.
  2. M

Hyper-V cost

Is hyper-v free with the purchase of windows server OS? Are you limited to a certain amount of VMs per windows server version?
  3. M

Storing VMs on a usb drive

I have two Mac Pros that I would like to install VMware Fusion 13 Pro on. The only catch his that I need to store the VMs on a USB drive. Will that work? Specs: Mac Pro 2013 1x 6-Core Intel Xeon and 32GB of Ram, OS: macOS Monterey I want to run(not all at once) Windows Server, Windows (Pro...
  4. M

What do I need? Wireless and Wired

I have some Ethernet only devices (don’t have onboard wireless or slots to add one) in one room and the wireless router is in another room. I want to connect the two together so I was thinking about getting a wireless bridge. But I can’t seem to find one that has Ethernet ports (was thinking of...
  5. M

ESXi Server

I am looking for a pair (or more depending on cost, trying to keep it at a max of $1K) of computers to run VMware vSphere. I have narrowed it down to a few: 1. HP Microserver Gen8 (ESXi 6.5u3) 2. Apple Mac Pro Xeon 8 Core (ESXi 7.0u3) Any other servers on the VMware HCL?
  6. M

VMUG

Does vmug just support the latest version of vmware esxi? I‘m looking at setting up a ESXi 6.5u3 cluster and want to use vCenter in a home lab environment(not for enterprise or commercial purposes). I can still download ESXi 6.5 from the vmware site.
  7. M

FCoE Set-up

I have an EMC AX4-5-FC and some VMware servers that I would like to set-up. The only issue is that my servers only have one PCIe 2.0 X16 slot. I was going to use a Brocade 8000 (8x FC and 24x 10GB) to make the FCoE network. I was looking at FCoE capable cards and all the ones I find I can't seem...
  8. M

Qlogic BR-1020

I was wondering if it’s possible to get firmware and drivers for a Qlogic BR-1020 (Brocade 10GB FCoE)? I want to connect a 4GB FC storage array and use 10GB networking, but I only have one PCIe (PCIe 2.0, x16) slot in my servers running VMware ESXi. Any ideas?
  9. M

Free Network Simulator

I’ve been looking for a free network in-line simulator software. I was thinking of simulating the distance between two cities, say Boston to New York City. Something that can be used with 1,10,40gb hardware. I remember using something at my previous job that was installed on a server and used...
  10. M

Proxmox on Mac hardware

Has anyone installed proxmox on an Intel based Mac? I would like to use proxmox on a Mac Pro (Model A1481).
  11. M

Pfsense network card compatibility

I was looking on the Pfsense/FreeBSD hardware compatibility list and didn’t find any mellanox adapters or Intel 40GB+ adapters. I was wondering if any one has successfully used these type of adapters in a Pfsense setting or is there a hcl that I’m missing?
  12. M

WTS [US] 4x 256GB SATA Dom

I’ve decided to keep these how do I delete this post?
  13. M

Dell Precision R7610

How loud are these machines?
  14. M

Innodisk SATA DOM on a SuperMicro X9 motherboard

I was wondering if there is a cable that will connect to the Innodisk SATA DOM power to the supermicro X9 motherboard? Innodisk SATA DOM info: SATADOM-ML 3ME3 V2 P/N: DESML-B56D08BCAQCA-B073 Size: 256GB Supermicro X9 Motherboard: Model: X9DBS-F-2U 3 pin power socket, pin 1 5v+, pin 2 ground...
  15. M

[US] WTB: 12x 32GB RAM, SATA DOMs

Want to buy the following: 1. 12 sticks of Samsung 32GB RAM, the manufacturer part number is M393B4G70DM0-YH9. 2. 4 SATA DOMs w/ power cables. SATA 3, 128gig capacity This is for a SuperMicro SuperStorage 2027B-DE2R24L.
  16. M

HDD or SSD in Supermicro

I was looking at getting a Supermicro MicroCloud, I was wondering if you have to stick with the drives that are on Supermicro‘s tested page or if you can use other drives that are of the same type?
  17. M

Free virtualization OS

I was wondering if anyone knows of a free virtualization OS that would allow multi-pathing storage? I tried ProxMox a few years ago and they didn’t support multi pathing, had the server crash and fail to boot because of this.
  18. M

Options for external monitor(s) for MacBook Air

I have bought an MacBook Air Model A2337 and would like to add an external monitor(s) to it but there are two ways to go, the question is what do you think is the best option? This laptop will not be used for gaming or video production. It will be mainly used for MS Office, web surfing and other...
  19. M

IBM Mainframe Specs

Does anyone know if there is a website that (specifically IBM) that will show the specs as ordered on an IBM mainframe? I have the part number and serial number. The only thing I could find was if it was under warranty (which it is not).
  20. M

IBM 8203-E4A

Does anyone know if the IBM 8203-E4A is an iSeries or pSeries system? What OS is supported?