Search results

1. M

Broadcom Netxtreme BCM57762

Does anyone know if the Broadcom Netxtreme BCM57762 gigabit Ethernet adapter (Apple Thunderbolt to Ethernet) adapter works with VMware ESXi 6.7? I’ve searched for drivers but no luck, wondering if someone has had better luck.
  2. M

Hyper-V cost

It’s for a home lab.Other than eBay who else sells them?
  3. M

Hyper-V cost

Where would you recommend buying the licenses? I’ve seen some on EBay.
  4. M

Storing VMs on a usb drive

Mainly cost and capacity, I’m on a limited budget and the usb drives are cheaper.
  5. M

Hyper-V cost

Is hyper-v free with the purchase of windows server OS? Are you limited to a certain amount of VMs per windows server version?
  6. M

It wouldn’t be on a USB stick, it’s a USB hard disk drive.
  7. M

I have two Mac Pros that I would like to install VMware Fusion 13 Pro on. The only catch his that I need to store the VMs on a USB drive. Will that work? Specs: Mac Pro 2013 1x 6-Core Intel Xeon and 32GB of Ram, OS: macOS Monterey I want to run(not all at once) Windows Server, Windows (Pro...
  8. M

What do I need? Wireless and Wired

How do you connect an Access Point to a wireless network?
  9. M

What do I need? Wireless and Wired

I have some Ethernet only devices (don’t have onboard wireless or slots to add one) in one room and the wireless router is in another room. I want to connect the two together so I was thinking about getting a wireless bridge. But I can’t seem to find one that has Ethernet ports (was thinking of...
  10. M

Lenovo M350, M90q, multiple x540/x550, etc.

@PigLover thanks for the pics but I’m no longer in the market.
  11. M

Free Network Simulator

The one I was looking for is WANem. https://wanem.sourceforge.net/
  12. M

ESXi Server

@i386 Ya I see where you’re coming from, plus they are more expensive. I think my best bet is going with the Mac Pro’s, even tho they aren’t on the VMware HCL for 8.0 u1 but are on there for 7.0 u3.
  13. M

ESXi Server

How about the DellEMC VEP4600? Looks to be loud as it’s 1u. It does have two expansion slots that’s can handel rNDC (Network Daughter card), with 4 configs (per card): - Quad 1gbase-T (Intel i350) - Quad 10gb SFP+ (Intel X710) - Two 1gbase-T (Intel i350) and Two SFP+ 10gb(Intel X520) - Two...
  14. M

SOLD

Does the motherboard have an M.2 slot? The Docs show that it would be under the pcie slot.
  15. M

Lenovo M350, M90q, multiple x540/x550, etc.

Do you have pics of the rear of the Lenovo M350 Tiny I5-11500 64gb 1TB?
  16. M

SOLD

How many are left?
  17. M

ESXi Server

@joeribl what version of ESX? Tiny, SFF or tower?
  18. M

ESXi Server

I am looking for a pair (or more depending on cost, trying to keep it at a max of $1K) of computers to run VMware vSphere. I have narrowed it down to a few: 1. HP Microserver Gen8 (ESXi 6.5u3) 2. Apple Mac Pro Xeon 8 Core (ESXi 7.0u3) Any other servers on the VMware HCL?
  19. M

[FS] [US-ME]: 10/40Gb Arista gear

Does the Arista DCS-7050T-52 have 40gb uplinks?
  20. M

VMUG

Does vmug just support the latest version of vmware esxi? I‘m looking at setting up a ESXi 6.5u3 cluster and want to use vCenter in a home lab environment(not for enterprise or commercial purposes). I can still download ESXi 6.5 from the vmware site.