Search results

1. I

buying suggestions for DDR3 era workstations...

This post is comming from a system in a supermicro 745 chassis with a 1280sq psu and a bbp and the psu is pulled out...
  2. I

RoCE v1 implementation (SX6036 heatsink/silence mod running log!)

the msx 60xx switches support the fae command which can be used to set the fans speed :D
  3. I

NVME U.2/3 Drive recommendations

HPE had some "service pack" isos that contained firmware for different devices, not sure if for storage devices though... Dell & HP(E) san storage device firmwares are behind paywalls/support contracts ._.
  4. I

NVME U.2/3 Drive recommendations

FW support alone elimnates most manufacturers. Only solidigm/intel and micron offer firmware updates, maybe seagate if you have a non oem serial number...
  5. I

NetApp drive fails to read/write

Did you try this? https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/how-to-reformat-hdd-ssd-to-512b-sector-size.4968/
  6. I

Supermicro X9/X10/X11 Fan Speed Control

Not sure if this is correct: 3 pin fans have usually a pin each for 12v, ground and sensor (for rpm, it's triggered twice per one full rotation of the fans/blade)
  7. I

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

bgp, ospf and rip v1 & 2 are "proper" routing protocols and supported by the icx 6610, 6450, 7250 etc.... Nat, firewall etc are functions that you find on devices that cisco calls "isr" (integrated services router)
  8. I

40GB Mellanox cards only getting about 1.6 GB in iperf and transfer.

I don't like this tool, it's a bad benchmarking tool on windows... This is what I get with iperf3 3.16 (binaries from Releases · userdocs/iperf3-static) and ntttcp on a windows machine without jumbo frames or any other tuning/configuration on a 40GBE link: .\iperf3.exe -c 192.168.0.31 -i 1 -t...
  9. I

Concerns about Supermicro POST code and RAM dilemma

2) (I don't think supermicro requires a oob license for boards with AST2500 or newer bmcs.) No.
  10. I

Just got a bazillion emails

This might get sth blacklisted again ._.
  11. I

Or it's using rdma (not with iperf though)
  12. I

What driver version are you using in win 10?
  13. I

Wasmachineman's Water Cooling Adventures

The psvr2 doesn't sell as good as sony expected and stopped the production because the stock keeps piling up. Sony is reportedly pausing PSVR 2 production to clear excess inventory (Original source is bloomberg :D)
  14. I

IPMI networking - too many ports used?

I'm a little bit confused :D 6servers * 4ports/server = 24ports. why would it take up 48 or more ports?
  15. I

Did you try another known working brand? or cable? My experience with fs stuff was hit-and-miss...
  16. I

mellanox connectx-3 windows 10 issue

what cx-3 model? vpi, ib or ethernet mode?
  17. I

HEDT platform advice

2x 3090 = 6pcie slots taken (unless you have the rare dual slot models or a possibility to mount the gpus via risers)
  18. I

Access Supermicro IPMI via HTTP?

https://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/faq.cfm?faq=37744
  19. I

mellanox sx6036 and cx3 cards

high power transceivers (in default configuration) only works in 4 ports (https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/mellanox-sx6036-compatibility.39247/post-368454)
  20. I

Teracopy undo delete

I have nothing that can help you with your case, only general advice... Read the manual, documentation or help before you try to run tools/commands and always test it with unimportant data/copies of your data instead the original ones and then verify that the result matches your expected result ._.