Search results

1. chilipepperz

Can you have different RAM capacity on different Xeon Scalable Sockets?

If I had 12x 32GB in one socket and 6x 32GB in the other, will that work or cause big problems?
  2. chilipepperz

Proxmox VE 6 and Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro EN Not Working

We're using ConnectX-3 Pro EN cards since they worked out-of-box with Proxmox VE 5.3. We've got two new nodes, both with the Ethernet only cards, and Proxmox VE 6.0 isn't recognizing them. Is anyone else experiencing this?
  3. chilipepperz

Cyberpower 900W $125 Prime Day

These are normally in the $190 range with $155-160 being a good "deal" on them. 900W so its one of the bigger UPS in a desktop size. https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-BRG1500AVRLCD-Intelligent-Mini-Tower-Warranty/dp/B00LEFYISA/ I was only able to get one. In 2017 we were excited to see a 810W...
  4. chilipepperz

Supermicro 4S E7 DDR3 Servers

Part of me thinks that these aren't good because they'd have high power consumption of a 4S. There's 2 available. If they can take V3 22nm CPUs and they've got big DDR3 risers, then this might be a way to get a high memory node and have a lot of PCIe too...
  5. chilipepperz

Different disk sets for Proxmox Ceph pools?

So I'm using Proxmox VE 5.4. I have a Ceph cluster made up of hard drives with some SSDs for caching. Great! I've also got a bunch of NVMe SSDs across the nodes. There are too many for simply being used as cache devices. I want to use them as an all-NVMe Ceph pool. If I add them to the Ceph by...
  6. chilipepperz

Intel Optane 900p 280GB $269

It's over $300 on Newegg. I hadn't seen this below $299 often https://www.amazon.com/Intel-Optane-900P-280GB-XPoint/dp/B0772XB3MY/
  7. chilipepperz

Sun Oracle F40 F80 Lsi Nytro Single Drives?

I have four of these but they're all in production so I can't really pull them to test. I am hoping since many STH people have them that maybe somebody here has. Can you configure these to run in single drive mode? If you have 4x 100GB in the F40 accelerator can you run them as 4 separate 100GB...
  8. chilipepperz

Use one NVMe SSD as L2ARC for two ZFS pools

I bought an 800GB Intel NVMe SSD for my Proxmox VE host. In there I've got two pools, a hard drive pool and a SSD pool using old S3500's. Neither is too big. The hard drive pool is 2x6TB and the SSD pool is 4x 480GB. I'd like to use the NVMe SSD as L2ARC for both. Is there a way to do that...
  9. chilipepperz

Supermicro CSE-101i How loud is it?

From the pics, I see a little fan. That makes me very scared to run this little case the Supermicro CSE-101i has 1 x 6cm 4-pin high performance cooling fan(s) SC101i | Mini-ITX | Chassis | Products | Super Micro Computer, Inc. Is there any way to run that at a low speed?
  10. chilipepperz

How to use the Oculink on Supermicro Motherboards

I see some of the single 3647 and Xeon D boards have "oculink" according to STH. I was even lookin at this board that has 4 of them *NEW* SuperMicro X11SRM-VF Motherboard 672042274826 | eBay How are people connecting devices to these? Do I just need a cable like this...
  11. chilipepperz

Panic at the Disco? Google bans crypto ads

I read this and it's not good news Bitcoin Sinks As Google Moves To Ban All Crypto, ICO Ads In June
  12. chilipepperz

So Monero today

Its down like 20%
  13. chilipepperz

Gamecredits under 51% attack

From mph Mining Pool Hub I Home
  14. chilipepperz

How stable has the STH aeon pool been?

I had a server on this when it first started but haven't been mining here since. How's the stability of the STH aeon pool? I've had a few pools lately that go down for seemingly 1-5 hours per day so I'm more concerned with this.
  15. chilipepperz

Proxmox VLANs on 10G

So I've got a Proxmox server that has a 10G connection to a L2 switch. No vlans are setup on the switch and I'm frankly worried that I'll mess something up if I try it. I'd like the Proxmox server to connect to two LANs, a public one 10.200.1.1/24 and a storage one 10.200.100.1/24 Currently...
  16. chilipepperz

Proxmox 5.1 Boot drive size

Can I get away with mirrored 32GB SATA DOMs for Proxmox 5.1 boot drives? All VM's will run off NVMe but wanted to know if I could use the two orange connectors for drives.
  17. chilipepperz

How to read server power using ipmitool

I'm looking for help in this. I want to be able to get the status from a Supermicro server that can monitor PSU usage but I can't figure out the ipmitool command ipmitool -I -h x.x.x.x -U x -P x ______ Someone here must have done it? Bonus is there a good way to log? I want to build a...
  18. chilipepperz

Star Citizen

Since I think a lot of us will be getting Optane 900p's, do we have a group for Star Citizen? Should we make one? Does anyone already play?
  19. chilipepperz

pfSense Firewall and Manual DNS Entry Question

I know when you have something hosted behind pfSense NAT, if you try accessing it from behind the firewall you're hosed because it's trying to prevent an attack. Example. I have 1.1.1.1 public IP and NAT to 10.10.10.10, as yxz.zxy. If I try to get to yxz.zxy from a server at 10.10.10.11 it...
  20. chilipepperz

STH policy on using images for avatars?

Is there a STH policy on using STH images for people's avatars on the forums? Same site OK?