Search results

1. chilipepperz

The Supermicro H11SSL-I Rev. 2 issues thread

It sounds like you're trying to make a workstation from a server board. Normal on server boards. Every server board does this. They'll work with headless GPUs that don't have VGA out like Tesla cards. Usually iKVM is there to manage the server. GPUs are providing services other than primary...
  2. chilipepperz

10 Intel NUC's + 5 Nvidia Jetson TK1's Mini PC 1u Single Board Computer Array

That's a lot of RAM and SSDs to add. 40 lower power Atom cores is maybe an EPYC 7282 worth of performance if even that? Maybe it'd be worthwhile as a part out.
  3. chilipepperz

HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus Ultimate Customization Guide

Amazing video. You should've just said if you want higher power and more expansion get a ML30 Gen10 in there.
  4. chilipepperz

Supermicro H12SSW-NT - FreeNAS 11.3-U1 NVMe issues

FreeBSD is so far behind Linux in driver support. Remember the c3000 drivers that took like years. Hey why use a H12 EPYC system for FreeNAS? Do you have a 48+ drive system? Can you post the build?
  5. chilipepperz

mellanox mnpa19-xta 10g nic stop working

I'd get a new one since they're cheap.
  6. chilipepperz

Relying Upon Hard Drive Service Contracts or Think Like a Cloud Provider

Welcome @WillTaillac ;):(:cool: Nice article
  7. chilipepperz

Xeon E-2288G Work Build

I think the E-2278g is a better value than the 2288g so that's a good idea. That's a great update.
  8. chilipepperz

An Important HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Change Since Our Review

That's crazy. @Stephan it's on their Intel ones like the dl360 still
  9. chilipepperz

Can you have different RAM capacity on different Xeon Scalable Sockets?

If I had 12x 32GB in one socket and 6x 32GB in the other, will that work or cause big problems?
  10. chilipepperz

AMD EPYC 7002 SKU List and Value Analysis

I agree with the commenter on this article. It's a great article, but that cover photo is so damn catchy.
  11. chilipepperz

HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 Review AMD EPYC 7002 Power

It's throughout pages 1, 2, and 4 including the conclusion. It's Gen3 PCIE.
  12. chilipepperz

Monero XMR Mining on 64 core AMD EPYC

I'm waiting for the 16C Ryzen 9 too.
  13. chilipepperz

Seasonic Prime Ultra 1000 Titanium Compatibility with Supermicro Motherboard?

I've used many Seasonic PSUs with many SM motherboards, but I've never used that combination.
  14. chilipepperz

STH Weekly Newsletter You Want to Subscribe in Q3 2019

AMD EPYC ROME next Wednesday. Is STH going to cover? I'm assuming so and that's what this hint is about.
  15. chilipepperz

unRAID Behemoth Build (Stage 2)

Is the fact that we've got @Spartacus chatting with @IamSpartacus on this thread FREAKING anyone else out? o_O:eek::confused:
  16. chilipepperz

32GB DDR4-2666 RDIMMs $85 ea

They've got a 8x DIMM for $760 too 256GB (8x32GB) DDR4-2933MHz PC4-23400 RDIMM Memory TSV for servers special price | eBay That'd save $5 per making the price $95 not $99.
  17. chilipepperz

Proxmox VE 6 and Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro EN Not Working

We're using ConnectX-3 Pro EN cards since they worked out-of-box with Proxmox VE 5.3. We've got two new nodes, both with the Ethernet only cards, and Proxmox VE 6.0 isn't recognizing them. Is anyone else experiencing this?