Search results

1. fossxplorer

New Micron 7400 PRO 7.68TB NVMe U.3 (7mm) Non-SED Enterprise SSD - $349

Completely agree with @Rand__. Show some less greediness so other can benefit too.
  2. fossxplorer

Newegg: AsRock Rack ROMED8U-2T Micro-ATX Server Motherboard AMD SP3 (LGA4094) EPYC 7003 and 7002 Series Dual 10GbE

I'm also curious about power consumption with e.g an EPYC 7313P. That again will affect cooling requirement and expected noise for my home lab.
  3. fossxplorer

Newegg: AsRock Rack ROMED8U-2T Micro-ATX Server Motherboard AMD SP3 (LGA4094) EPYC 7003 and 7002 Series Dual 10GbE

What does "lack of" AGESA/UEFI support mean in this case with say EPYC 7313P?
  4. fossxplorer

EXPIRED 3.84TB SATA SSD 120 USD

You bought from the first seller?
  5. fossxplorer

Watch out for iElectronic_Traditional ebay seller

Meaning claiming through the credit card and the bank?
  6. fossxplorer

[CN] Seeed studio reServer 4C/8T for $274.50

I've tried https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002663996478.html first, waiting for 2 weeks to find out it was the wrong one. Then i ordered and got https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002663996478.html, also after 2 weeks to find out it also didn't fit. I've now ordered...
  7. fossxplorer

I had ordered wrong type of 4-pin to SATA power from AliE and after 4 weeks of waiting for both, i wanna ask if anyone knows the exact type and where to order from? I am based in Europe so AliE is more convenient than Ebay and sellers from the US.
  8. fossxplorer

Dell E27466 10G 82598eb failed to initialize because an unsupported sfp+ module type was detected.

That's is good to know. I've ordered a DAC cable from AliE, let's see if that will do it :) Thanks both of you!
  9. fossxplorer

Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro QSFP to SFP+

Thanks @i386 and @cev! I've ordered an QSPF to SPF+ adapter from AliE, will take some time to arrive. I've also based on @cev 's suggestion tried all the 4 SPF+ splits into the Hasivo 10G port, can't get a link established.
  10. fossxplorer

WD SN640 7.68TB U.2 $250 + shipping

So how can this be verified to be genuine WD drives or not? OT: I've also seen some Intel NIC's that's stated as "original" like this one from 2013: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004075383590.html How much trust can be put in these sellers?
  11. fossxplorer

I've tried a QSFP to 4x SFP+ breakout cable and it doesn't work at all. I'm using one of the Hasivo 2.5G and 10G switches tested on STH to connect the other end of the SFP+.
  12. fossxplorer

Is it possible to get 10GbE through something like an QSFP to SFP+ adapter? Will this work with a Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003744281003.html?
  13. fossxplorer

Dell E27466 10G 82598eb failed to initialize because an unsupported sfp+ module type was detected.

I have couple of Dell Intel 82598eb that is giving me big time issues with both Cisco and Mellanox SFP modules What i see from the logs is: failed to initialize because an unsupported sfp+ module type was detected. Do i have to buy Intel modules/DAC or is there a way to get this working?
  14. fossxplorer

Initially through USB pinouts, but later though SATA power for 3.5" disks when i realized U.2 needed 12V. Will try to power it externally. Do I need enable ACPI in the BIOS? It's disabled now. EDIT1: just did test with external SATA power connected to the U.2 adapter and ACPI enabled. Still the...
  15. fossxplorer

I tried to use an M.2 M key to U.2 adapter, but won't detect the U.2 NVMe SSD. Same adapter tested in another PC. Any idea what might prevent it being detected?
  16. fossxplorer

Prepared the OS on an SATA DOM before getting M.2 B+M key SATA adapter by using the built in SATA with some adapters: Images at (can't seem to attach images here) images With this setup i see idle power draw at 8-9W, which is perhaps a bit closer to Ryzen v1756B in HP t740. Although Intel's...
  17. fossxplorer

That is useful. Would a Noctua NF-A9x14 be of correct size for the bottom fan? I tried to measure from outside and it seem to be a 90mm fan. That forum link user replaced it with NF-A9! Thanks!
  18. fossxplorer

Someone mentioned they'd be the same CPU as the bare bone orders? Did you boot up and check @No.15 ? @nrtc I will keep that noise in mind to see if it's the same case here. But yeah, i had the same thoughts as you before receiving my device. I'm gonna have things cramped into it so i expect fan...
  19. fossxplorer

Any idea where to get/check for BIOS updates?