Search results

1. coinstash

More profitable use of GPU mining rigs

A broke uni student has come up with a way for GPU rigs to earn 2x-3x the best returns from crypto mining. He has started a business that can best be described as "AirBNB for GPUs" where the rig is rented to AI researchers in exchange for crypto. Some more details below: Rent out your GPU...
  2. coinstash

Gamecredits under 51% attack

I'm using ASICs. Specifically the BW-L21. Looks like all the mining I did for about a week has been reversed, lost about 90 GAME due to this stupid bug.
  3. coinstash

Found: 2x E5-2680v2s

Interested Joel. Price? Will need to be posted to Australia.
  4. coinstash

One Rack to Rule Them All or Multi-Rack?

The DIY timber rack is actually pretty nice, but I can't imagine having 32 Xeon Phis running in my loungeroom so it doesn't really have to look like furniture. For audio gear it might be awesome though.
  5. coinstash

ASrockrack 2U4N-F/X200

I don't know if you realize it but selling ES chips is illegal. If I received such from a reputable manufacturer I'd be very surprised. Unsure if Developer branding is equivalent but since Exxact are offering them I don't think so. Price of the Exxact system is quite good considering it comes...
  6. coinstash

Dell racking question

I'm likely to buy another six C4130s so it would be best to find a rack that's deep enough. If I was only mounting the three units mentioned then this would have been a great idea. Heh. New one on me. :)
  7. coinstash

ASrockrack 2U4N-F/X200

My point was that with two 1600W power supplies - which would be almost identical in cost to build, it's just heavier FETs after all - there would have been redundancy if one of them died. Hot swap I can live without. I very much doubt that they're arranged to supply only two cards per power...
  8. coinstash

One Rack to Rule Them All or Multi-Rack?

Looks like I missed this thread on first glance. My comments on another thread: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/dell-racking-question.18945/
  9. coinstash

Dell racking question

Got to the bottom of this one myself. The approved Dell rack is called a Dell PowerEdge 2420 which is not visible on the secondhand market in Australia and in any case has been discontinued by Dell. The approved replacement is called an APC/Dell NetShelter SX 24U and those are available retail...
  10. coinstash

Dell racking question

Anyone have an idea of an appropriate rack for Dell Precision gear? I have an R7910 and a couple of C4130s and all the racks I can find don't have enough depth to fit them. I'll probably want a minimum of 12U height to allow for future expansion, since I have a shipload of X100 Phis to mount in...
  11. coinstash

China to exit the Crypto Currency Mining market

China to exit the Crypto Currency Mining market? More like "Crypto market exits China."
  12. coinstash

ASrockrack 2U4N-F/X200

I enquired about this and was told that power supplies had been downgraded to 1200W units due to long lead times from the manufacturer. More likely reason is that the seller is trying to squeeze the maximum possible profit from the deal. Considering that Lukas has measured the consumption of a 4...
  13. coinstash

Gamecredits under 51% attack

Yeah, tell me about it. I just started mining it and got an orphan about 3 hours later. :(