Search results

1. IamSpartacus

[WTB] Intel A2U8X25S3PHS 8 x 2.5" Drive cage.

These seems to no longer be for sale anywhere. Looking to add a second one to my server if anyone has one new or used.
  2. IamSpartacus

[CLOSED] Intel Arc A40 Pro Single Slot GPUs

PICS I have some Intel Arc A40 Pro Single Slot GPUs. Selling points of these are: AV1 Encode/Decode Single Slot low profile (comes with full height bracket) PCIe power with a max power draw of 50w (ie. no PSU power required) Intel® Arc™ Pro A40 Graphics Single-Slot Form Factor Intel® Arc™...
  3. IamSpartacus

Replacing BMC Chip on ASRock Rack board

Has anyone done this? I have an E3C246DU and the BMC will not work. I'm pretty sure it's related to the stupid UID LED button (I wish this thing didn't exist). I've tried just about everything outside of replacing the BMC chip itself to get it to work (pass the self test and get an IP for...
  4. IamSpartacus

Samsung MZ-ILS3T8N causing JBOD SIMs to reboot loop?

I just purchased a few lots of Samsung MZ-ILS3T8N 3.84TB SSD's and my JBOD systems (Quantavault JB4242's) don't seem to like them. I've tried installing them in both systems and whether I just attach one or all 20, as soon as I plug a drive in, within 10-15 seconds it causes the SIM to reboot...
  5. IamSpartacus

iGPU Not Detected on ASRock Rack E3C242D4U

I've read that I just needed to enable iGPU Multi-Monitor in the "secret" (Ctrl + Alt + F3 at setup screen) BIOS settings to allow the iGPU to function alongside IPMI on ASRock Rack boards but I'm having no luck. I've done this as pictured, but the iGPU will not show up in any Linux OS I've...
  6. IamSpartacus

FS: HGST 3.2TB SAS3 SSDs, Intel P3605's, Broadcom 9400-16e, 256GB (32GB x 8) DDR4-3200 RDIMMs

Quantity available Item Price Description Notes SOLD HGST Ultrastar SS300 HUSMR3232ASS201 3.2TB SAS3 SSD $300 17.5PB write endurance per drive SOLD 2 Intel P3605 U.2 1.6TB NVMe SSD $115 See blelow 8 SK Hynix 32GB DDR4-3200 RDIMMs $160 per pair Need an EPYC or latest Intel Xeon for...
  7. IamSpartacus

QSF28 to QSFP+ connectivity?

Is there such a thing? I'm asking because I have a switch with dual QSFP+ ports (40GbE) and am considering adding something like that Mikrotik CRS504 (4 x QSFP28) which I'd like to be able to connect to it. My guess is, if this is even possible, I'd only be able to get get 25GbE per QSFP+ port?
  8. IamSpartacus

Performance testing dual port SAS SSDs

Can someone point me to a good method/script for performance testing dual port SAS SSD's?
  9. IamSpartacus

[FS][US-NY] Xeon E-2246G CPU/HSF/MoBo/RAM Combo - Dell Optiplex 3060 SFF (i5-8500) Boxes

I have the following CPU (w/HSF) + MoBo + RAM Combo that includes the following components. I will part out eventually but for the next 2 weeks I will be looking to sell as a combo. Intel Xeon E-2246G 6c/12t CPU Noctua NH-D9L 3U CPU Cooler SuperMicro X11SCH-F MicroATX Motherboard 32GB (16GB x...
  10. IamSpartacus

[COMPLETE] 10TB Western Digital SATA Drives (Gold & White)

I have the following drives for sale. Prices include shipping to the continental US. I accept Paypal or Venmo. 10TB Western Digital Gold SATA Drives [quantity 8 ] - SOLD 10TB Western Digital White SATA Drives [quantity 7] - SOLD ** Can provide SMART data for bulk orders
  11. IamSpartacus

9400-16e bottlenecking at 4GB/s?

I'm currently running badblocks on 24 x 10TB SAS3 HDDs and seemingly running into a bottleneck that is limiting me to 4GB/s in aggregate io (see screenshot below). When I run badblocks on just a select few disks at a time I get upwards of 250+ MB/s per drive. The HBA is connected to a PCIe 3.0...
  12. IamSpartacus

Ultrastar DC HC5x0 series dual port SAS?

I'm finding it hard to confirm if the SAS3 interface on these drives are dual port or not. Can anyone confirm this?
  13. IamSpartacus

[SOLD] EPYC 7452 32-core/64-thread CPU

Hey Everyone, I'm shuffling things around in my homelab and will be free to ship the following system (or parts) in the coming week or two. I will be looking to sell it as one unit at first and would prefer local pickup in the Tristate NY/NJ/CT area but will ship to CONT US if requested. If...
  14. IamSpartacus

EPYC Milan ATX single CPU MoBo Options?

Looking to pair a motherboard with an EPYC 7443P. My requirements for the board are: Single socket ATX form factor PCIe 4.0 No onboard HBA Prefer no 10GbE but will take it if best option All I'm really seeing as options are below. https://www.supermicro.com/en/products/motherboard/H12SSL-i...
  15. IamSpartacus

Dual Port SAS3 SSD's showing in OS as 2 devices

This is my first foray into dual port SAS drives with multipath. This may be more suited for the Linux Storage section so a mod can move it if deemed so. I'm currently using a single 9400-16e HBA connected to two SIM's (2 cables to each SIM) on the below DAS unit. On my Debian 11 server the 8...
  16. IamSpartacus

Lenovo 01KN503 - Just a rebranded 9400-16e?

Is there anything proprietary about this card that would differentiate it from a standard 9400-16e? Can it easily be flashed?
  17. IamSpartacus

[COMPLETE] SAS3 SSDs

Looking for 8 x 800-1600GB SAS3 SSDs. At least mixed use with regard to endurance. Let me know what you've got.
  18. IamSpartacus

Sharing DAS storage (SAS3) between multiple servers?

Is is possible to "share" direct attach storage connected via SAS3 between multiple servers for a failover scenario? I have the following unit which comes with 2 quad SAS3 modules for connectivity to servers. Ideally I'd like to be able to connect this unit to 2 servers even if one is just in...
  19. IamSpartacus

Mellanox NICs in Debian 11 not supported?

Has anyone gotten Mellanox NICs (specifically the ConnectX-3 cards) to work in Debian 11? Their support matrix doesn't list it. https://www.mellanox.com/support/mlnx-ofed-matrix
  20. IamSpartacus

[WTB][US-NY] OCuLink SFF-8611 Male to Male Cables

Looking to buy 4-8 of these cables. Can't really seem to find them for sale anywhere in the US for less than about $25 per cable shipped. Any have any they'd like to get rid of or have a good source for them elsewhere?