Search results

1. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

Ah alright thanks. Yeah after looking more into it, it seems part of the sign of successfully converting the card to an HBA is that megacli, megarec, etc won't even recognize the card in the first place. This is just the first time I had one with a speaker, at least one that got triggered to...
  2. D

LSI 9270-8i IT mode

@vanfawx I think I have the same 9270-8i retail card you used, and I too got the screaming speaker result. Did you physically cut out the speaker? Notice any issues that came from that? I'd rather not physically modify the card if at all possible. I see there are commands to disable the...
  3. D

Intel Xeon D-1500 Series Discussion

I agree. Heck, what I really want is a FlexATX or mATX package with the D-1528 or D-1531. Perhaps the D-1541. I like the D-1537 option but it's just not the right IO combination that I'd like to see. I think my dream configuration takes the X10SDV-7TP8F, and instead of the D-1587, just give me...
  4. D

Well with ESXi, I'd have no choice but to use pass through, so the question becomes: can I pass through an integrated HBA, or must I use an add-on card? As for the right CPU: if I can get a 4 core to handle the VMs as well as Plex transcoding within FreeNAS, then I'd be very happy. But if the...
  5. D

For my use, would a quad core model be sufficient, or would that be pushing it? 1518 or 1521 is what I'd be looking at if I'm not constraining myself too hard by doing so, otherwise that's why I figured the 6-core might be best. The pain though is that there is only an mITX board for the 1528...
  6. D

Yeah that much I figured. I do wonder if any manufacturer will use the D-1531, I'd have to entertain an Asrock Rack board if they made one. Thoughts of whether the D-1528 or D-1537 is best for me, then? I don't think the lack of storage accelerator libraries will hurt that much, as come to...
  7. D

Think we're ever going to see a D-1531 Supermicro board? The slightly-higher clock 6-core storage-enhanced part sounds more up my alley when comparing against the D-1528, but I'll take either I think. Considering I am looking to build an ESXi server with FreeNAS, Sophos XG, and Windows Server...