Search results

1. W

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

So, I've been running a variant of these (based on a recommendation from a member here) and it's been solid running opnsense baremetal since day 1 (good upgrade from an old USG). Since I've retired my old Xeon VMware build, I've been resorting to running test VM's on my main gaming rig, and...
  2. W

Yeah, followed that (I didn't see your post before my edit) - but still getting some issues.
  3. W

Got mine very quickly - about a week I think. For PCI-E passthrough for Proxmox/opnsense, is there anything I need to enable? VT-D/IOMMU is on, so I'm guessing there's something in the proxmox config I also need to do.. Edit: followed the STH guide but getting some errors about d3cold to d0...
  4. W

Started going down the rabbit hole on these after submitting the order for a gigabit service here in AU and looking for USG replacement options. Ubiquiti aren't lighting a fire under me with options so very interested in the roll your own option. Looking at the CWWK options as Topton and...
  5. W

EU deprecated - [FS] 100G Networking stuff

Posting in a EU only thread =)
  6. W

Gigabyte R180-F34 1U Server (2011-3) $94-109 + Shipping

Shame they don't ship internationally =/
  7. W

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Thanks zer0sum, that's very kind - will see what I can get and might hit you up. I've recently rediscovered this thread and I have to say it's not looking great for my wallet (in a good way!) On another note, I know that many people don't like buying from Chinese sellers due to counterfeits...
  8. W

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Thanks for the replies guys. Worth noting I'm based in Australia so many sellers (unfortunately) won't ship to me.
  9. W

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Thanks Spartacus, I agree - looks like the 2660 v3 is the one to go for. Are ES worth looking at or should I avoid?
  10. W

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

I really just did a quick ebay search, and I guess my post was more to solicit 'what should I be paying'. I'd like to be spend between 1-2 hundred US, less is better obviously.
  11. W

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Ahh. Not wedded to a V4 but the V3 pricing doesn't seem that much cheaper! This unit will replace a SC2600CP system, with a couple of E5-2670 v1s
  12. W

Supermicro X10SRH-CF

Picked one of these up. Now need to get a relatively inexpensive V4 chip and some ram...
  13. W

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Interested in this switch too. What's the going rate (as in a good deal) for the switch and 3 nics (I'll be using twinax). I have two esx servers and a n40l. Would prefer to get them all in one place, and apparently some people have been picking up the switch for as low as $225? Other than...
  14. W

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

That looks pretty good. Where did you get the board from?
  15. W

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

Heya guys, Newbie poster to this forum here. Looking at the SC2600 boards, is it possible to get it in something a bit more desktop-y case wise? Getting an Intel chassis shipped to ozzie is a bit price prohibitive, so looking at alternatives. I'm hoping to use this as a Vmware server in my...