Search results

1. J

[WTB] Mellanox/HP/IBM SN2410 C2P airflow switches

That is a fantastic idea, never considered that. It sure looks like it uses identical parts.
  2. J

[WTB] Mellanox/HP/IBM SN2410 C2P airflow switches

I need a pair of these, which are surprising hard to find in this airflow configuration, need to be the red markings at the fans, airflow is connector to power. I see one on eBay, but literally no others of this airflow at any price, and if I can't get two will have to go another route. Anyone...
  3. J

Avoid Samsung 980 and 990 with Windows Server

I also experienced hard lockups in Server 2019 & 2022 running late model Samsung SSDs. Using a different brand in same hardware without trouble. I was also affected by several 2TB 990 Pro w/ heatsinks in client systems randomly rebooting -- replaced with P41s and no trouble since. That is a...
  4. J

Dell 15th gen servers with 3rd party ssd drives

Anyone else able to contribute experiences? Dell has no 15.36TB NVMEs and I'm looking to go big with third-party enterprise NVME drives on a PERC H755. Would love a data point on whether anyone has success with non-Dell NVME drives on the latest gens.
  5. J

Quanta LB6M security warning

I'm someone crazy enough to run an LB6M in production (I can afford a hot spare and a cold spare at their prices), and recently noted a security hole during a vulnerability scan. Apparently the LB6M has a "guest" user with empty password. This is not visible in "show running-config", or in a...
  6. J

Quanta LB6M (10GbE) -- Discussion

Love to have some information on using 1Gb optical SFPs on these. Tried a handful and can't get them to talk. Somewhat kills my plans with it if I can't use them.