Search results

1. R

Enterprise wifi APs - API access to logs or current hooked up devices?

I was trying to help a guy out with his new Enterprise setup, that he wants for a 150 people office. I now have way more info so posted a more correct post, apologies! A pro will set up the router and all the Wifi APs for him, once the brand is chosen. They are considering using Cisco...
  2. R

Video editing in the cloud?

You are absolute right for now, but I wanted to futureproof myself. But I can take that problem on when I get to it. I was just testing stuff that I can last night (editing 4k 60 only since I dont have 4k 100 yet). And that works kinda fine. Not great, its choppy still. And if 60 fps is choppy...
  3. R

I use the exporter in PowerDirector when I do x264 or x265 exports. It supports GPU for that but not sure how and tbh I have not compared outputs from CPU vs GPU encodes. I'll get that done first, cause it would save a lot of costs on a video rig if I can just go all CPU as the GPU would then...
  4. R

I am not in the US and will only be doing some of the video editing from the US. My cloud VMs etc usually reside in Frankfurt or Ireland (AWS) or Northern EU (Azure). Are there restrictions on using Cyberlink PowerDirector (PD) on a cloud machine? ... I need to look into that then. Using PD...
  5. R

Well from what I have edited so far (Just Hero 6 4k 60 footage), the GPU is just used for exporting the final video and for desktop 4k'ing and some light loads while editing. But I could be wrong here. And ofc the 770 is not that fast at exporting, just "kinda" faster than using the 2 x 2670...
  6. R

Current HW is a 2x 2670 from when they were dirt cheap and for exporting a GTX 770 GPU and done on a regular 4k screen. But I would love more power than this and I only wanna pay for it when I need it. Also and more importantly, I would love do the editing while on location from a laptop like a...
  7. R

I've been designing yet another rig for 4k 100 fps video editing or 6k raw editing. Then I wondered how often I would use all that horsepower as the bill in Excel crept skywards as usual. Could one order a heavy VM with video editing software on it (Bring your license) or even do it as SaaS...
  8. R

S2600CP board - Need a CMOS flash for every boot, where the PSU lost power (on purpose)

That's correct. The wire for the Power button (a two-pin one) just has to sit on the two Power Button pins so it can short/connect them (which is what it does). So you can actually do it with tweezers and really steady hands too, if you are testing rigs I was told, but I did not test it.
  9. R

SSD choice: 750 vs 850 Evo's vs P3600 for multiple OS disk

Found it. Again, right on StH, or well he found it here too, 4 solutions tested: Add 2.5" SFF NVMe to your current system Looks awesome, if the BIOS fix will work, I might borrow one for testing. And reasonable price.
  10. R

Thanks @T_Minus , great post. I kinda knew the consumer drives would tank after a while, but not to 900-1200, damn. Well, I guess the good news is that - The BIOS lottery will have to be done for me, no matter what. Its just an all-or-bust solution and I hate facing those with my own wallet on...
  11. R

Yeah I was gunning for the 1015 too as I consider it the HBA standard (ie I need a good reason to pick something else). But then I realized it is just Pci-e 2.0 8x natively and thus 30 isch Gbps combined and that it will becomes a bottle neck way before 8x PM863's or similar. Either way I...
  12. R

OS Disk: I have ordered the P3600 now, but it will probably be cancelled to wrong pricing, And even with JD's god-like thread on the subject,... NVMe on Intel S2600CP ... it seems to be a luck based nightmare to even get half-arsed performance. But it might be worth a shot and if the card comes...
  13. R

S2600CP: Can it boot from NVMe? ... Like a Pci-E SSD card?

I did search but nothing came up. Must have added wrong terms. That thread is fantastic, JD was awesome. And I even read half of it before, just forgot it was from here. Alright, thanks. Can you mods just delete this thread so it doesn't make more noise?
  14. R

S2600CP: Can it boot from NVMe? ... Like a Pci-E SSD card?

I semi asked this question in a thread about something else in the storage part of the forum, but it probably deserved its own question. Is an Intel S2600CP board with the newest BIOS, 02.06.0002, able to boot from a NVMe HDD? Like a Samsung 950 Pro M.2 stick via a Pci-e card or an Intel 750 /...
  15. R

Intel S2600CP2 - not sure how to troubleshoot

What s2600gl said, clear the CMOS. Also use the other jumper resets one by one, the password reset, the this and and that reset. I had 2 of these rigs. For me the CMOS clearing was neccesary for every reboot I wanted a POST for, until I hooked up a power button for the "power on" pins. You can...
  16. R

Editted heavily, sorry misunderstood two links and saw the provided link WAS for used PM863s. OS Disk: The P3600 came back into cheap price and I snatched the last one I think. Does anyone have any experience with P3500 / P3600 / P3700s on S2600CP motherboards and booting from them? (Assuming...
  17. R

I forgot to mention (or think about in the OP) that there is no way I can afford Intel 750/3x00 for 4 TB of storage (distributed requires 3 copies of data, so for overhead for 1 TB of actual data, I need 3-4 TB), so I need a 850 Evo setup as well as the 6-8 x OS drive. Drive ports are limited so...
  18. R

I have a dual 2670 rig that I plan on using for virtual clusters for Hadoop and other cluster software tests with up to 6 VM's running concurrently, maybe 7 or 8. I plan on splitting the drive into virtual datadrives too for the cluster nodes so I can use the SSD to its full potential before...
  19. R

Phanteks Phentoo Tower case for SSI EEB motherboards

A little picture of the back of the case where the PWM hub is. Maximum effort for "stock" wire management. Thoroughly impressed.
  20. R

Phanteks Phentoo Tower case for SSI EEB motherboards

I got this case for my 2670 rig. Really nice case but the ABSOLUTELY SMALLEST CASE you should buy for a SSI EEB without resorting to dremels. Board is right snug in there and is missing the 2,3 hole for the 9 screws, or it has a nit from the other side. Not that it matters with the 2,2 screw...