Search results

1. L

Xeon D-1541 Quanta storage servers on ebay

i haven't really checked the power consumption but i am sure they are low. I got 2 of these servers in the rack, one for unraid, this one for vmware, 2 dell N2024 switches and a regular PC in there and average power consumption for the whole rack is about 220W according to my UPS. the unraid...
  2. L

yes. works very well.
  3. L

I got an extra chassis with the expander board. PM me if you are in the US and are still looking for one.
  4. L

flash SAS Expander first. then BMC, then BIOS last. as far as the one that's not booting, try connecting the rj45 to network and see if it picks up an IP address and then connect to it via the web interface to that IP address. default username is admin/admin the event log may give you an...
  5. L

post #190 has a firmware zip file. you can try flashing the .12 bios through the BMC web interface then update the SAS expander firmware and then update the bios to latest .14 version.
  6. L

you can flash it through the BMC web interface. but the big question is, did you update the SAS expander firmware first? if you didn't and if you don't have the old bios update file, you are not going to be able to fix it. the SAS expander has to be updated before you update the BIOS.
  7. L

Indeed, flashing the sas expander firmware fixes that issue. The SAS expander firmware has to be done before doing the BIOS or BMC. Also, good luck finding the firmware. Quanta removed all firmware from the website.
  8. L

don't have the wrong rails handy but the wrong rails are the sliding ones. the correct "rails" have a bottom lip that the server just sits on.
  9. L

Yes. I did. followed the art of server's video and updated the SAS expander first. Then the BMC and the BIOS. I honestly think it must be an issue with my flash drive. I have been moving that from server to server to server over the years. The only time I ever did a clean fresh install was on...
  10. L

i ordered a second server a few weeks ago. indeed it came with the wrong rails. i sent them a message and they sent me the correct rails. as far as reliability, first server seems to be fine. I moved my unraid flash drive and hard drives to the server and it has been working fine for the most...
  11. L

My first unit was bent in the middle at the seam. It also did not POST. It would power up, amber light blinks on the front. but no POST. No video. No DHCP request from the BMC but the link lights are lit. The seller did send me a replacement so I got that going for now but it has a dead CMOS...
  12. L

Fusion-io ioDrive 2 1.2TB Reference Page

Is $150 a good deal for a IoDrive2 785GB ? I found one on local FB marketplace and was curious. I talked with the seller and he said he upgraded firmware on it and sent screenshot of specs showing endurance used is 1.409 out of 11PB. Facebook Marketplace: Fusion-io Drive2 785GB Internal SSD MLC...
  13. L

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

Thanks. I followed those and got a success on the status page a few minutes later. Now if someone can figure out how to set the time zone that would be awesome :)
  14. L

Would you mind telling me where you found the option to point it to a NTP server? I noticed the date is correct (automagically)? but the time is wrong. it's off by about 4 or 5 hours for me. I would like to set the time correctly, or specify a time zone. thanks.
  15. L

Hi all. Just got 2 of these switches from eBay for $99 a piece. So far I am happy with how they work. Not happy with the noise but I got some Noctua fans ordered for them. Anyway. For the life of me I cannot figure out how to set the date and time (so the event log is correct). Tried via CLI and...