Search results

1. S

Confused/Please Help?!?

Which Kingston ram, and where did you buy it?
  2. S

Confused/Please Help?!?

I also have another question? I want to buy a RAID card because I have SATA III drives and only SATA II connections to the motherboard. Can someone recommend a RAID card that is of High quality and is compatible with most things. Will this work...
  3. S

Confused/Please Help?!?

Its the Asus P8B WS that you reviewed. I need 8Gb Ram sticks. I am thinking that I will get this ram Crucial (CT2KIT102472BD1339). But not sure. can someone double check this? Actually I have thought about it and I am just going to not use ECC ram. I have found nothing but problem cases in shich...
  4. S

Confused/Please Help?!?

Well I am thinking I might just stick with windows because of my lack of experience with Linux and server management in general. I will use hypervisor. Unfortunately I ordered incompatible ram ( fml )
  5. S

Irc?

So does anyone agree/Disagree with this idea!~! be active :)
  6. S

Irc?

Hey, I am sure almost all of the members here have used irc. I was hoping we might be able to get an irc server. It would be great to have real time collaboration. Its just a thought since everyone here has a server lol!
  7. S

Confused/Please Help?!?

hmm Xen looks interesting. It is open source too right? Is Xen any better or worse than ESXi, Also It looks like Xen will do what I need. I am just wondering if I should go with a more mainstream method than Xen? it seems like it has less of the market than the other solutions?
  8. S

Confused/Please Help?!?

I already have 2 64Gb ssd's and 3 500GB sata III 6.0GB/s per server. I posted the "wish list" which is actually all the parts I already have. I am thinking about using the windows based HyperV just because I really need driver support and the ability to have raid. With hyper can I still run an...
  9. S

Confused/Please Help?!?

Ok thanks for the input, So this ESXi is like a form of linux made buy VMWare? Can someone tell me if my hardware is compatible or where I can find the compatibility info. I would rather not use windows because although RAM is cheap (when you have an income source to $$$ pay for it) I do not...
  10. S

Confused/Please Help?!?

Ok I am building a server and want to be able to run multiple "vm's" or "Servers" from the same server. I would like to be able to run atleast 4 seperate OS's on the server. Ubuntu, Win Server 2008 r2, maybe Debian or other form of linux/windows. I have heard of some "operating system" like...
  11. S

Server Help!?!?!

Hmm I do not know? But I will check! thanks for the idea
  12. S

Server Help!?!?!

So I recently aquired a server with the specs listed below. I was told that there was a problem with it and that I should try and fix it. I have no clue what the problem could be. I turn the machine on and get a green light on the motherboard. I have no video whatsoever. Nothing out of the on...