Search results

1. V

IBM Blade Networks G8124-E Rack Switch 24x 10Gb SFP+

Anyone source a cheap console cable for these? I think it's proprietary cable.
  2. V

IBM Blade Networks G8124-E Rack Switch 24x 10Gb SFP+

Anyone source a cheap console cable for these? I think it's proprietary cable.
  3. V

c6100 vs c6105 chassis

You ever find out if this was possible?
  4. V

Question about Dell C6100 and C6105 sleds

Did you give this a shot yet?
  5. V

Natex Deals for STH Members

To be fair though it's better than a poke with a sharp stick to the eye. Fair go. They don't have to offer anything. So 5% is better than nothing.
  6. V

Natex Deals for STH Members

Hi Libby Sent you an email enquiring if you can deliver and delivery cost of three of the Dell C6100 Barebones to Australia. Thanks
  7. V

Fusion-IO ioDrive2 1.2tb - $240+$13 shipping

Do you have to match driver version with firmware version before the card shows up? I'm guessing most cards respond to 3.X driver?
  8. V

Great information here - thanks so much for sharing. What on the back of the card tells yout the firmware version that was initially loaded?
  9. V

Sun Oracle Flash Accelerator F40 400GB PCIe SSD - $99 + 15 BIN

Just went up the thread to answer my previous question. I think these 2 threads are related to the issues you saw on ESXi when used as datastores. https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1030265 Lost access to local datastore | VMware...
  10. V

I bought 4 of these specifically to use on ESXi 6.5. Can you please expand on the issues you had?
  11. V

Two questions 1) Where do you find the device product number? 2) Which file needs to be edited to include the device product number?
  12. V

VSAN Wont see allow SSDs

So you can see all 6 drives under devices. But you can't claim all 6 when you go to add them to vSAN is that correct? Can you please follow the link IamSpartacus provided and see if there are partitions on the SSDs. My VSAN journey - Part 2 - How-to delete partitions to prepare disks for VSAN...
  13. V

Just wondering if you had any further adventures with flashing Seagate firmware. With the seagate firmware were you able to configure hardware RAID? Were you able to overcome the PCIE x1 width? Did you flash back the Oracle firmware?
  14. V

So I could do a large RAID0 against the 4 drives and then create 3 x Virtual Disks ? of Say 128GB each? What I am intending to do is use this as a vSAN write cache in a DELL C6100 with the 3.5" SATA Bays. I am wanting to put 3 x 480 GB SSDs in as Capacity and use the Warpdrive for 3 x VD for...
  15. V

AU MICRON M500DC 480GB $150 and 960GB SSD $300

Message him he has more. I have no idea why he doesn't list multiples. He is just listing 1 drive at a time. I had to ask him to list 11 in one transaction after I purchased a sample.
  16. V

Cringe

Thanks for the link and suggestion. I asked in that thread. I think I see the drive problem. The drive was tainted by IBM Firmware :p .
  17. V

M500DC Tests/Discussion

How's Everyone's drives doing? I just bought 12 of these. With HP firmware.
  18. V

AU MICRON M500DC 480GB $150 and 960GB SSD $300

MICRON M500DC 480GB SSD for Apple Dell IBM HP Lenovo Notebook 2.5" $150.00 | eBay $105 USD after conversion. His description leaves much to be desired. These are the enterprise grade SSDs Micron M500DC. Not the consumer level SSDs M500. He has multiple 480GB and 960GB just send him an...
  19. V

Cringe

Not as good as the Intel but still rated at 2 DWPD. "Random write performance is on par with drives that are twice the price. This benefited most of our mixed workload tests, especially our database profile, where the M500DC was incredibly quick. It’s not just raw speed that impressed us, it...
  20. V

Cringe

Apart from Backblaze. Is there any information collated somewhere that end users could refer to to get statistically significant data on the life and performance of SSDs and HDDs? I went with Micron M500DCs because the spec sheet and reviews seemed pretty good. But I guess I'll get more of a...