Search results

1. E

ASRock X470D4U - any owners who can answer some questions about IOMMU groups and BIOS?

Here's what the output of the script looks like on an ASRock X470D4U with BIOS v3.50 (not the latest): Group 0: [1022:1452] 00:01.0 Host bridge Family 17h (Models 00h-1fh) PCIe Dummy Host Bridge Group 1: [1022:1453] [R] 00:01.1 PCI bridge...
  2. E

And so it begins... First AMD Ryzen AM4 server motherboard.

If anyone is using non-default certificates for the IPMI web UI, note that BMC 2.20 has a regression that prevents the certificate from actually being used by the UI. I reported this to ASRock Rack support and they have fixed it in a beta (or internal) 2.22 build. No word on when that will be...
  3. E

I did some reverse engineering of the web UI a few months back to automate switching of the SSL certificate. The web UI basically makes REST web service calls to the IPMI interface. Unfortunately, the calls go against an ASRock-specific variant of the Redfish API schema, so I was only able to...
  4. E

I couldn't find a way to automate the update of the IPMI certificate for an ASRock Rack motherboard (specifically this one), so I wrote my own script: asrock_ipmi_cert_updater It took way longer to write the script than it would have taken me to manually update the certificate, even at a rate...
  5. E

I went with a Ryzen 1600 as the $80 Micro Center price was too good. Even though the 3000 series is supposed to be quite a bit faster, it's not 2.5 times as fast. I may upgrade to a Ryzen 3600 in a few years when it drops to the same price.
  6. E

I hadn't yet installed the CPU into the motherboard, so I gave this a try. The IPMI does have an option to flash the BIOS, which I was able to use to flash v3.04 without the CPU being installed. Interestingly, I did discover that the system can't actually power on without a CPU installed. With...
  7. E

ebay Mellanox ConnectX-3 Dual 40/56GbE MCX314A-BCBT - $90 each OBO

Looks like I did get played. The seller has another batch up now. $95 OBO, and the shipping increased a bit. Mellanox Dual 40/56GbE QSFP CX314A ConnectX-3 40GB MCX314A-BCBT #TQ1314 | eBay
  8. E

ebay Mellanox ConnectX-3 Dual 40/56GbE MCX314A-BCBT - $90 each OBO

Seller countered with $75 each for qty 6 as they were down to their last few units. Still doesn't seem to be too bad a deal, as I needed them for my homelab refresh over the next month. I'll probably eat my words though if the seller relists a new batch.
  9. E

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

I took the time to read through this entire thread and came away with a lot of understanding of the various possibilities for 10Gbe. I just bought two Intel X520-T2 adapters from ebay to use at home. However, these don't look like they come with low-profile brackets, which I need for one of my...