Search results

1. W

what should i do with GA-D510UD

I have the above board with a atom d510. and i was wondering if i should use it for something. was thinking maybe pi-hole or running docker on it. i hate seen hardware sat doing nothing. any ideas on if its even worth it or to just bit bin
  2. W

LOGIC CASE SC-415H

anyone tired this case LOGIC CASE SC-415H I cant seem to find any reviews. its going to be used at home so I am wondering how difficult it would be upgrade the fans so its quieter. any help would be great
  3. W

Which server??

i am thinking of buying on of these servers. Chenbro RM13704 1U (Chenbro RM13704 1U E5-2600 (LGA 2011) Sixteen Core Cloud Server (Configure-To-Order)) Quanta Cheap E5-2600 (Quanta Cheap E5-2600 (LGA 2011) Sixteen Core Cloud Server (Configure-To-Order)) Both are one 1u which I will put...
  4. W

Old server died, what to replace it with

Well I wasn't planning on replacing my current server before I moved but today while replacing a cpu cooler the motherboard is now longer working . So although funds are tight I am trying to decide if I should upgrade to a dual e5-2670 CPU and motherboard. Or just get a cheaper and short term...
  5. W

Final planning stage for me plex server

Hello all, I am in the final stages of of planning my new server. This server will manly be used for running Esxi and plex, xpenology and prob a other vm. These are the parts I think will do the job I want. But if u can think of any changes or problems yet me know 3U Server Case w/ 16x 3.5"...
  6. W

Xeon e5-2670 v1 or e5-2670 v3

Can someone explain what I would really lose if I bought two Xeon e5-2670 v1 instead of getting the v3 version. The price is very attractive of the v1. I only really tend to use this server for plex.
  7. W

new server for my home

Intel Xeon E5-2637 x2 Supermicro X10DRi-B LSI SAS 9211-8I X-Case eXtra Value 24 Bay what do we think. planning on running esxi so can run xpenology and plex. want to be able to stream 1080p and maybe 2 4k streams.