Search results

1. W

Upgrading my network - Ruckus R650 (Wifi6) vs Netgear WAX630E (Wifi6E)

Anyone have an opinion on these head-to-head? The Netgear is on sale at Amazon for $200 (POE) or $205 (w/ AC adapter) BNIB, or cheaper in the Amzn warehouse, but requires some type of Netgear Insights subscription at $10/device/yr. Seemingly I can get the R650 used for not much more, with no...
  2. W

FS: 19x 6TB and 34x 12TB SATA Hard Drives - assorted models

Hi all, Finally getting around to selling some previous rounds of home server drives... All are listed on ebay (with pictures), where my store & username match my username here. Starting prices are my ebay prices, so any direct deal here is discounted. I would love to 1) get these cleared out...
  3. W

Free 2.5" EMC drive caddies + interposers (you pay shipping)

I've got ~25 drive caddies with what I think are SAS interposers. They came off of EMC branded HGST drives and have been sitting in a box for far too long. From quick search of the part number on the stickers, people will seemingly pay a few bucks for them on ebay, but I'd rather have them out...
  4. W

SOLD: AMD Threadripper Combo (MB/CPU/AIO Cooler) - gone

Picked this set up from msvirtualguy in this thread, but don't really need it and have not had the time to play with it like it deserves... so testing the waters here. Asrock x399m Taichi -- runs ~$300 new, seeing similar prices on ebay AMD Threadripper 1950x -- runs ~$600 new, $500+ on ebay...
  5. W

For Sale: SAS SSDs and PCIe Accelerators

I've accumulated too many SSDs -- if that's possible -- but hoping to clear some out. I'll add to this post as I inventory and figure out what I can use, but some more HGST (1.6tb HUSSMs), Intel (couple s3500s/s3700s) , and Samsung (1.92tb sm863 & 1.6tb sm865a) enterprise drives should be...
  6. W

gone

Howdy - Picked this up thinking I'd find a use for it, but it appears to be an engineering sample per the kind folks in this thread (link). In that thread, @Evan points out that, ... so may be final or close to final HW, but I have no way of verifying. I'm not big on ES hardware generally...
  7. W

HPE / Samsung 15.36tb PM1633a - engineering sample?

I can only find one example of a drive labeled somewhat like this and it was from this thread where OP also wasn't sure... in my experience, labeling is usually a bit more explicit for ES & non-production samples, and all the labeling looks retail, but please help educate me. Here is a picture...
  8. W

SOLD: D-Link DXS-1210-12TC 12 port 10GbE Switch $500

Selling a D-Link 10GbE switch, model DXS-1210-12TC. I picked up as an open box unit not too long ago intending to add to my own setup, but I'm already running an 8 port Buffalo BS-MP2008 capable of 10GbE, don't really need the extra 10Gb ports yet, and frankly, don't feel like making the swap...
  9. W

Datto Xeon D 1541 board -- $501.15 shipped + 6/8% ebay bucks for some

Datto OCT D1541D4U Micro ATX Server Workstation Motherboard Xeon D1541 CPU | eBay $475+26.15 shipping for me. ebay is running 6% ebay bucks for me, or 8% in app (YMMV) -- got me $38 in ebay bucks which I will probably forget about and let expire like usual... ouch. :(:oops: These have been...
  10. W

FS: GPUs, DDR3, DDR4, x79 mobos, Xeon e5v1, SSDs, More

New year, new thread! :) Prices are OBO, so let me know if anything is of interest and maybe we can work something out if you don't like my list price. If you are making an offer, please keep it to PM rather than posting directly in the thread. The goods: SSDs: Samsung 960 Pro 2TB - lightly...
  11. W

Fusion-IO ioDrive2 1.2tb - $240+$13 shipping

Fusion-IO ioDrive II MLC Flash 1.2TB Solid State PCIe 2.0 F00-001-1T20-CS-0001 | eBay Edit: Price just droped from $295 to $240. Listed as Seller refurbished, “GRADE A UNIT” 5 available as of now. $240 BIN, no best offer. Shipping shows $13.26 for me in NY. Save for the shipping, just about...
  12. W

WTB: DDR3 1600 ECC SO-DIMM for Supermicro Rangeley [all set!]

Now that the other WTB thread on this is done... :p I also want to buy a couple 8gb DDR3 1600mHz ECC SO-DIMMs for a Supermicro Rangeley board (A1SRM-2758F, to be precise). I have a single 8gb Kingston KVR16LSE11/8, so if you have a matching brother for me, that would also be great. I was...
  13. W

HGST Hitachi 400GB SAS HUSML4040ASS600 - $125/ea (OBO, 10 avail)

It's not the SLC HUSSL version that everyone loves, but seems like a pretty good deal. $125 BIN, OBO accepted. 10 available as of this posting. Free shipping, but tax for some. From the listing - HGST HITACHI Ultrastar SSD400M 400GB SAS 6GB SSD 2.5" HUSML4040ASS600 Enjoy. :)
  14. W

Supermicro X10SDV-F-O Xeon D-1540 -$604.90 Amazon

Seems slick. + tax if applicable, since Amazon Amazon.com: Supermicro Mini ITX DDR4 Motherboard X10SDV-F-O: Computers & Accessories
  15. W

FS: Done - see new thread

Hi STH - Looking to sell some items that I've accumulated... I'll be adding more in the coming days, so please check back. :) I'm pretty new to these forums, but have been buying/selling sporadically for several years. 10+ year member at Hardforum, and I've got heatware and ebay under this...
  16. W

Intel NUC5i5RYH 5th gen i5 NUC (barebones) - $202 shipped

Great little HTPC units, just add memory, HDD, OS. See description, which lists as a seller refurb that may have minor scratches - but I understand the units from this seller typically arrive in pretty good shape. Listed for $289/ea, auto-accepted $190 offer, +$12 shipping (+$2 ea/ additional...
  17. W

My next oddball CPU - e5-2675 v3, 16C/32T OEM chip

I'm trying to find some hidden value in some of these lesser known e5 chips. Struck out with my 2651v2 attempt the other day, now it's time to try the e5-2675 v3. Not much out there about this chip - there was a thread here where there were some questions, but no answers. :) I've got one on the...
  18. W

e5-2683 v3 Failed Intel Diagnostic Test - Engineering sample?

Picked up a couple e5-2683 v3s recently, and just set up the first one. These were described to me as OEM chips, and they look like retail/OEM, with SR1XH s-spec. When I run the Intel CPU Diagnostic App, though, it fails with an output "..!!..ALERT..Processor under test is verified as...
  19. W

Xeon E5-2651 v2 - 12C/24T CPU

Picked up a handful of these. Anyone heard of this chip? Ivy Bridge, 12C/24T. Perhaps an OEM special? Not a lot on Google... Looks interesting, and has both vt-x and vt-d - a few other OEM chips I've looked at recently were missing vtd. CPU-World link: Intel Xeon E5-2651 v2 - CM8063501521101