Search results

1. D

Cable length between controller and expander

Hey all, So just looking for some expert opinions/experience-based knowledge regarding cable length between controller and expander. I have an Adaptec 72405 controller and an Adaptec 82885T expander, and if I use the short 8643 to 8643 SAS cables that it came with, no issues, but if I use a...
  2. D

HPE Samsung PM1725B NVME U.2 3.2TB Connection Issue

Thank you both for the quick and concise answers! I ended up ordering the U.2 adapter from the link in Azev's post. Though it means sacrificing a VM's video card, it looks like a quick and easy solution! I still can't believe I didn't realize I couldn't use my controller for the NVMe drive...
  3. D

Or would I need to buy an actual NVMe controller like this one (and use the cable I bought to connect to it) https://www.amazon.ca/Adapter-SFF-8639-Express-Converter-Mainboard/dp/B08HGRKVZX/ Thanks again for any help. Apologies for all the dumb questions. I usually over research the crap out...
  4. D

Oh No! I just assumed the SFF-8643 to U.2 SFF-8639 cable would take care of the connection. Didn't even occur to me to think there would be any other factors to consider. So how would I connect this NVMe drive? Would something like this do the job through an M.2 slot...
  5. D

Apologies if this is an obvious question for the pros, but I can't seem to figure this out. I picked up a demo HPE NVMe drive, and just got my SFF-8643 to U.2 SFF-8639 cable, but when I connect it to my Adaptec 72405 SAS card, it doesn't see the drive at all. This is my first experience with a...
  6. D

HPE Samsung PM1725B NVME U.2 3.2TB - $540 OBO

Thanks for the great lead! Price is rising as well. $750cdn now. I got one just before it went up.
  7. D

Intel Xeon E5-2670 Deal and Price Tracking

I looked at that one, but I ended up buying a converter for the 6-pin PCI-e to 8-pin EPS for my dual board. My PSU had 4 of the PCI-e cables, so it made more sense for me. If you have an extra one, it might be better than splitting the EPS line. Athena Power Cable-PCI6EPS428 6" PCI-E Converter...