Search results

1. Yamabushi

Toshiba MG07 Enterprise Series - Opinions?

I've been using 8TB WD Reds, but I'm considering picking up two 12TB Toshiba MG07 HDD's to add to my BTRFS array. Does anyone have any experience with these?
  2. Yamabushi

IPMI Question? (SOLVED)

So I've built my second X10SDV-8C-TLN4 box and this time completely set up and installed Ubuntu Server via IPMI. I am relatively new to IPMI so please, pardon the very basic question. Is it normal that when using and/or installing via IPMI that the actual physical power and reset buttons are...
  3. Yamabushi

Xeon D-1541 & SR-IOV (Need Help)

I'm running the Xeon D1541 based X10SDV-8C-TLNF4, and as indicated by the results of "lspci | grep -i ethernet" believe I have successfully enabled SR-IOV for the two X552/X557-AT NIC's. I did that by modifying GRUB to read: GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash intel_iommu=on iommu=pt...
  4. Yamabushi

Xeon D-1541 - Normal Temperatures?

I'm running an X10SDV-8C-TLN4F with Patrick's Noctua mod and getting idle temps around 50°C and load about 71-72°C. Is that normal/typical? What temps are people generally getting on these Xeon-D's?
  5. Yamabushi

Supermicro CPU Cooler Compatibility for Socket H4 (LGA 1151)?

Please, pardon my ignorance, but are Supermicro Socket H4 (LGA1151) boards compatible with typical aftermarket CPU coolers such as Noctua, Thermalright, etc.? I'm considering using a SM board for a workstation build. Thank you in advance for your help! Cheers, Pete