Search results

1. c912039

RDM of local SATA

I have used this method with success. I have a number of natively formatted NTFS disks that I wanted to 'pass thru' to one of my VMs. These disks are on an internal SATA controller, which also has disks used as an ESX datastore (so I was not able to passthru the SATA controller). Iused the...
  2. c912039

how to get serial port in Windows VM working in ESXI

Whilst I am not able to make any suggestions regarding getting the physical serial port on your ESX host passed through, I can comment on the solution I ended up with. I needed to virtualize a physical host that had lots of serial and serial type USB devices connected. The ESX host was quite...
  3. c912039

Does the Supermicro A1SAi-2550F REQUIRE at least two memory sticks?

Hi, Im not sure about the requirement of a minimum of 2 slots, but I do know that you will also see the B0 stop code if you are using non-ECC SODIMMs. You may want to double check to see if the SODIMM you have received is ECC . David
  4. c912039

LSI Hot Spares Question

The LSI controller will let you set: 300GB as a Global Hot Spare 600GB as a Dedicated Hot Spare With those settings, it will ensure that the 300GB Global Hot Spare can be used on either of your 300GB RAID1's, but because of its size, it wont attempt to use it as a spare for your 600GB RAID1...
  5. c912039

edited

No direct link between C & D
  6. c912039

LSI 9265-8i & VMware ESXi (health monitoring, MegaRAID UI in a VM, & CacheCade 2.0)

Hi Paul, its David from Australia - slightly different config, but I have CacheCade 2.0 working in write mode. Ive got it on a 9260-8i using a SanDisk Extreme 240G SSD. As mentioned to you in private correspondence via Tinkertry that one side affect I do have is any scheduled consistency checks...
  7. c912039

Multiple LSI Megaraid cards

Thanks for all the responses. re tabs in MSM, Ive checked and only one car is presented in MSM - its always the 9280-24i4e. Windows shows both RAID cards with appropriate drivers in the Hardware Device Manager. I will attempt to flash the BIOS of each card (separately) to the latest version...
  8. c912039

Multiple LSI Megaraid cards

Hi (Im a new forum user and 1st post) I have installed 2 LSI Megaraid cards on a MB for my Home Server project , and Ive got a strange issue, which I cant seem to solve. During power-on, both LSI cards are identified. Once the OS (Windows) is running (booted from MB SATA port), using...