Search results

1. A

Dell R630 rNDC in a Dell R620

So I'm running a Dell R620, and I picked up this nice Mellanox LX EN Connectx-4 rNDC (Part number R887V) which was designed for a Dell R630. Once I get into the OS and am running debian or FreeBSD, it's perfectly detected with no issues, and AFAICT, it passes traffic with no issue. However...
  2. A

Dell R710 with mismatched CPUs

Will a Dell R710 function properly with mismatched CPUs? I've got 4 Xeon CPUs CPUs. 2x E5645, and 2x E5503. I have two R710 servers. I want to keep the two balanced. I could buy more E5645s if I need to, but that'll be a week of shipping. I'd like to get it up and running as two...
  3. A

A few QLE8362 Questions

Has anybody used this card? It's an awesome card on paper, that supports both Fibre Channel 16G and 10GBE, but I haven't been able to find much mention of it online. The QLE2462. QLE2562, etc. products dominate the searches. So I'm hoping to find someone with some experience with the cards to...
  4. A

38mm vs 40mm fans

Are 38mm and 40mm fans two different names for the same physical fans? Or are 40mm fans actually 2 mm larger in the square dimension? I'd like to buy some 40mm fans to test-fit them in a 38mm fan location, but I don't want to waste the time and money if it's not going to work out. Also, is...
  5. A

Infiniband QDR vs FDR

So I know Infiniband QDR is 40Gbps with 8/10 encoding and FDR is 56 Gbps with 64/66 encoding, but one question I can never find answered anywhere is as follows: Can an infinband QDR card connect to an infinband FDR switch with reduced throughput compared to the rest of the network? Can an...
  6. A

QLogic Sanbox 5802v information

I couldn't find ANY info on this fibre channel switch, so here's the info that I've gathered so far through manuals and experimentation. Mounting I purchased a QLogic Sanbox 5802v, and as with most rack mount gear, it didn't include ANY rails or ears for some frustrating reason. I found this...
  7. A

2U SSD Optimized Hot swap Chassis?

I've seen a lot of 2U semi-hot-swap chassis with 24-ish drives mounted vertically across the front. That's nice and all. But they're usually optimized for those bulky spinning-rust 12.5mm drives, and they're only semi-hot-swap because you have to: Pop the drive out unscrew the old drive screw...
  8. A

Trying to SANboot workstation, fibrechannel, fc, no joy with 2 cards

I have two SAN cards for my workstation. I have an emulex lpe11002, and I have a qlogic qle2462. Both are fibre channel ( fc ) cards, at 4gigabit, and both function fine from within the operating system. I can access a data LUN over the network once booted into windows. I can run the...