Search results

1. A

2 x Xeon E5-2620 V1, SATA DOM 5v USB Header Adapters

I am in need of some very, very custom cables here, as I'm working with a very niche system. Can you tell me what part to order to get the satadom side of the connector? I've been searching for its name for about an hour and haven't been able to track it down.
  2. A

The Dell PowerEdge C6320/C6300 Mega Thread

I'm in the process of upgrading my system to support Mellanox QSFP NICs, and I can't get the right Mezzanine Bracket. I got one kit which included the MW5RY riser, and that also exhibits the temporary short behaviour you described. Removing the blade and the card and the system seems to be...
  3. A

The Dell PowerEdge C6320/C6300 Mega Thread

Be me. Get one of these for your birthday with no CPUs or RAM, and want to kit it out gradually over time. Decide to put one CPU and one DIMM per system, just to avoid having to buy more right now. Have a panic attack when you boot up something that was working before to test it, but no...
  4. A

Dell R630 rNDC in a Dell R620

So I tried to 'delete' the oprom, and flint told me it couldn't delete the oprom because it contained important data. So I gave up on that, then I tried to set the configuration to enable the 62 SRIOV VFIs that the device allegedly supports, and when I rebooted, debian was like "Is this a NIC?"...
  5. A

Guide: Flashing H310/H710/H810 Mini & full size to IT Mode

Very odd request, but can you add an additional section to Introduction - Fohdeesha Docs that explains what the various included boot firmwares are, such as the P16s and the ms-signed-* ?
  6. A

Dell R630 rNDC in a Dell R620

So I'm running a Dell R620, and I picked up this nice Mellanox LX EN Connectx-4 rNDC (Part number R887V) which was designed for a Dell R630. Once I get into the OS and am running debian or FreeBSD, it's perfectly detected with no issues, and AFAICT, it passes traffic with no issue. However...
  7. A

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Does anybody know the resister values, or have a guide for physically reversing the fan trays? Or perhaps more importantly, the psu? I could only get I models, but I need E for my rack configuration. I could just swap the fans and leave them reporting I, but that feels wrong and dirty.
  8. A

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

I apologize for the poor quality of the photos, but as you'll see, one has a dip pin header, and the other has a second mezzanine card connector offset and back from the main connector.
  9. A

The Dell PowerEdge C6220 Thread

I'm looking at buying one of these, and I noticed something strange while searching that I can't clear up, but that matters for my use case. Some C6220 motherboards/Nodes seem to have two mezzanine card slots, implying the possibility to have both 40GBE/Infiniband as well as the Internal SAS...
  10. A

Dell R710 with mismatched CPUs

@msg7086 @BlueFox Thank you both. Any chance you could cite the source you're quoting so I can review it for other useful information and to just have for future reference?
  11. A

Do you happen to know the requirements to make it work within generations? What specs or settings are crucial? Which are irrelevant? What should I check?
  12. A

Will a Dell R710 function properly with mismatched CPUs? I've got 4 Xeon CPUs CPUs. 2x E5645, and 2x E5503. I have two R710 servers. I want to keep the two balanced. I could buy more E5645s if I need to, but that'll be a week of shipping. I'd like to get it up and running as two...
  13. A

A few QLE8362 Questions

Has anybody used this card? It's an awesome card on paper, that supports both Fibre Channel 16G and 10GBE, but I haven't been able to find much mention of it online. The QLE2462. QLE2562, etc. products dominate the searches. So I'm hoping to find someone with some experience with the cards to...
  14. A

38mm vs 40mm fans

So after much research and a lot of nothing, I decided to buy a trio of Noctua NF-A4x20 PWM fans for USD $15 each. They're a little shorter than the 38x38x38 fans, but the 38x38x38 fans are about half plastic reinforcement and half fan. So I don't have significantly less fan. That said, when I...
  15. A

38mm vs 40mm fans

Are 38mm and 40mm fans two different names for the same physical fans? Or are 40mm fans actually 2 mm larger in the square dimension? I'd like to buy some 40mm fans to test-fit them in a 38mm fan location, but I don't want to waste the time and money if it's not going to work out. Also, is...
  16. A

Infiniband QDR vs FDR

So I know Infiniband QDR is 40Gbps with 8/10 encoding and FDR is 56 Gbps with 64/66 encoding, but one question I can never find answered anywhere is as follows: Can an infinband QDR card connect to an infinband FDR switch with reduced throughput compared to the rest of the network? Can an...
  17. A

QLogic Sanbox 5802v information

I couldn't find ANY info on this fibre channel switch, so here's the info that I've gathered so far through manuals and experimentation. Mounting I purchased a QLogic Sanbox 5802v, and as with most rack mount gear, it didn't include ANY rails or ears for some frustrating reason. I found this...
  18. A

2U SSD Optimized Hot swap Chassis?

That's actually pretty epic. I hope NVME continues to grow like that. I'd love to see more of it in the storage space.
  19. A

Simply high capacity is not enough. we need 24 and 48 and 50 drive hot swap capable chassis and backplanes. we need OEMs and comodity builders to set standards. we need to be able to pop an NVME SSD into a slot and have it pop up in /dev. We need HBAs and RAID cards and switches and...
  20. A

@Patrick Ugh.. I've been looking for a nice NVME HBA for a while. They just don't exist. Nobody wants to put out a raid card with U.2 connectors along the top or front. Still, wrt SATA, I hope you're right. It's hung around for *far* too long. It's time for it to go the way of the dodo...