Search results

1. T

IBM Serveraid M1015 Cross Flash Issues

I don't know. Can you give me some more info on using it?
  2. T

Details, details! ;-) Thanks a ton for the pointers nephri! Hopefully this goes smoothly and tonight I'll have 6 additional drives in my FreeNAS box! Then I'll just have to figure out how to move my Z1 pool over to this new Z2 pool and not screw up all my plugins and data. :-)
  3. T

So the process that should be typed in exactly. sas2flash.efi -o -e 6 sas2flash.efi -o -b x64sas2.rom sas2flash.efi -o -sasadd 500605b0xxxxxxx (x=SAS address) Done! This should get me in the IT mode and play well with my FreeNAS box. Will this also skip the boot portion of firmware (faster...
  4. T

Thanks nephri. So I'll just plug my M1015 into my FreeNAS X10SLL-F mobo (where it's going to end up anyway), boot to the UEFI shell and follow the DOS instructions. In looking at the sas2008.zip files I see a sas2flsh.efi but I don't see a MegaRec.efi. Convert LSI9240(IBM M1015) to a...
  5. T

Looking at my X10SSL-F manual I see Appendix C - UEFI BIOS Recovery Instructions. Chapter 4 of the manual also describes the AMI BIOS. When I get home tonight I guess I'll see what happens when I boot my FreeNAS system and hit F11. I assume from a "UEFI built-in shell" if I put my jump drive...
  6. T

Can you point me to some info on booting over an Evi shell?
  7. T

The mobo I'm trying to reflash on is a Giagabyte GA-G31M-ES2L. The actual mobo in my FreeNAS server is a SuperMicro X10SSL-F that I think does support IPMI but I kind of wanted to leave that system alone and thought it would be easier to reflash on a separate machine. Thnx, -TAC
  8. T

I'm trying to cross flash a M1015 (sas 9220-8i) card to run in my FreeNAS box. I've made a bootable USB drive with Rufus with all the files per IBM ServeRAID M1015 Part 4: Cross flashing to a LSI9211-8i in IT or IR mode. When entering the first command my machine hangs with the following...